Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone,

I suffered from cystic acne from the age of 16 it has now cleared up thankfully I only get an occasional whitehead but I was left with 
scarring. I did have some boxcar scarring and also some rolling scars so I researched and decided to get derma rolling (micro rolling) done, I done it once with a dermatologist but then started doing it myself at home and had some good results as my boxcar and rolling scars are now gone. Unfortunately I am still left with small pitted holes that look like open pores on my cheeks, I believe these are called icepick scars? I researched into these again and came across TCA so I went ahead and had a 50% deep TCA peel with a dermatologist as I read it has good results on scarring, I am now three days post peel and have started to peel but the new skin underneath still seems to have the icepick scars. I'm not sure if I'm judging too early and if they get better over time so I thought I'd ask on here to see if anyone has had one done and how long it took for results? Also if anyone thinks TCA cross would be a better option for icepick scars? Or if I should just continue on with derma rolling for results. Please give any advice you can. Thanks :)