Is it bad to use AH...

Notifications
Clear all

Is it bad to use AHA every day?

MemberMember
(@supsarah)

Posted : 08/23/2016 8:09 pm

Hello! So I've been using the regimen for about a year and half now, and started using AHA in June. It worked really well to get rid of some marks from past acne, and my skin got accustomed to it (no stinging, irritation, etc.). My question (or two rather) is, is it bad to use AHA daily? I have heard it's recommended to either mix it with moisturizer or use it 2-3x a week.

My second question is, I have some stubborn bumps on my forehead that make it feel bumpy and less smooth. I believe it could be clogged pores from excess oil production since I have combination skin (oily and dry). Do you think the AHA could be the problem, and that I should switch back to the regimen's moisturizer? I'm not sure if it really is clogged pores (when I do squeeze some of them, some stringy white substance comes out which I'm assuming is sebum) or heat bumps since it's still summer and it's hot. They are also flesh colored.

Any answers or opinions would be super helpful!

MemberMember
(@supsarah)

Posted : 08/23/2016 10:48 pm

Thank you for this! Your input was helpful :) 

Yeah, the only reason I was suspicious about the AHA possibly being the issue is because like you said, too much AHA can worsen dryness. Clogged pores happen because of excess oil production, which can happen if your skin is dry. But you're right, the ingredients were chosen carefully so it would be odd if that were the issue. As of now, I'm going to take your advice and just mix the moisturizer and AHA in small amounts :) 

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 08/24/2016 11:31 am

I have used AHA everyday for the past three years. I mix it in with my moisturizer every night and every three days I use it on its own. I have not experienced any clogged pores at all. Just make sure that sunscreen is a part of your morning routine because your skin will be more susceptible to burning.

supsarah liked