Notifications
Clear all

Steroid Acne

MemberMember
(@loveluna)

Posted : 08/23/2016 9:37 am

Hey
so last year in July, I was really annoyed with pimples sprouting up here and there on my face, and I was tired of using home remedies due to no avail. It was then that my sister recommended me to use a cream, and I happily applied and used it for over 5-6 months. I saw awesome results, but Little did I know that what I was using was actually a strong steroid cream. Along with that, I was also using a heavy MAC foundation and incorporated the steroid cream as my go-to moisturiser.

After someone one told me about the steroid cream and its dangers, I stopped using it. But, unfortunately, the damage was done.

I developed steroid acne, along with multiple closed comedones, which are flesh-coloured bumps that become very evident under make-up. These pesky little whitehead covered my forehead, cheeks.

I went to 5 doctors and finally decided to use and believe the prescription given to me by my second doctor, because she was the only one who asked me to use Tretenoin. After researching about it on acne.org, I realised that it could be my saviour.

After using it about 20 days, I decided to go to a very famous dermatologist to get his second opinion. He Too recommended tretenoin and cetaphil cleanser. He also asked me to undergo a full face clean-up, (or extraction?) of my entire face. I did go for it.

So today is the second day after the extraction, and the marks are still there from the session. But my doctor assured me it will go after 5-7 days. He also prescribed me Fusidic Acid Cream BP and has asked me not to use anything on my face other than water and the Fusidic Acid Cream for 5-7 days.

The road to recovery is long and tough, but I am sure I will reach a point where I will be perfectly normal. Never lose hope. I will update in a few days, for those who are interested!

MemberMember
(@loveluna)

Posted : 08/24/2016 10:27 am

So today is my second day after the full face clean up. 

The red marks are still there from the session, but the redness has somewhat reduced. I hope that it reduces and vanishes in the next few days. 

I also noticed that he missed a plenty of whiteheads, but he did tell me to come again in case he missed any. So money goes out of my pocket I guess?! (Anyway, that's a different story)

So he also asked me to take a blood test and now has prescribed me with Accutane 10 mg once a day and an azithromycin 500mg every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (for 20 days). 

Lets see how it goes, I will update soon! :)

MemberMember
(@loveluna)

Posted : 08/25/2016 5:09 pm

All my marks and bruises from the extraction are gone! And my face feels and looks a lot clearer for the first time in five months. So it's good news.

I took my medicines as per what the doctor prescribed. Also on closer inspection there are still a few closed comedones/ whiteheads left on my face. So I will visit my dermatologist in a weeks time or so and see what he has to say!

I mu am really excited and hopeful about my recovery and positive about my final destination: to achieve clear skin.

Also guys, before applying anything on your face, just make sure you're not making a bad choice. We all desire clear and clean skin and wouldn't want any shortcuts to ruin that for you. So take care and keep smiling.

Look for this space, I will update soon!

MemberMember
(@loveluna)

Posted : 08/28/2016 5:00 pm

BEFORE

image.jpeg

1 minute ago, Loveluna said:

BEFORE

image.jpeg

Will post an "after" pic soon. 
Had my second comedone extraction today. I had like 100 on both cheeks and 50 on forehead. 
But now it has improved a lot so let's wait for the results now!

MemberMember
(@loveluna)

Posted : 09/05/2016 2:32 pm

There's massive improvement as you can see. Comedones have reduced to a great extent. Another extraction session with the doctor and I will be great. Really happy with the results!!!

image.jpeg