Notifications
Clear all

question about dermaroller/Needling!!

MemberMember
(@triedmanythings)

Posted : 08/19/2016 2:44 am

Is it true or "normal" that after first time you dermaroll your scars can look worse(maybe deeper) or maybe new small scars can apears? because the dermaroller removes upper layers of the skin each time?? and then some scars can/could hide under the surface you never seen before, but they have always been there just not that eye-catching?? (for others than you of course)
Is that the dermaroller's "thing" to nice and easy remove the upper layers of the skin and with the time, make the scars equal to the normal skin ?? and therefore give you better skin ?

sorry for all the questions..
-Simon,DK

MemberMember
(@keeping_up)

Posted : 08/19/2016 6:50 am

derma rolling is non ablative, so it doesn't remove the upper lare. ablative treatments canreveal underlying scarsbut it's uncommon.

MemberMember
(@keeping_up)

Posted : 08/19/2016 7:16 am

After Accutane the skin is dried out, the glands that feed the skin and restore it keep it moist and young are the same that causes acne.
as is the build up of dead skin that keeps a healthy balance.

However it restores to normal if not overused, it is all about balance, you should never mess around with this medicine yourself
Depending on the intensity of the Accutane treatment you might want to wait up till a year to do a intense treatment like co2.

Also it is a good idea to avoidto muchsun, stop smoking, eat healthy food and above all keep it moist with Vaseline spray.
If your skin looks somewhat healthy you could try dermarolling or tca cross on a scar and see how it responds.

Healing is promoted by protein, vegetables, vitamins,rest, the wound sizeand moist.
Dry skin can reveal scars and very healthy skin canmake scars less apparent because it somewhat works like a filler.

PCT14 liked
MemberMember
(@triedmanythings)

Posted : 08/19/2016 1:41 pm

I got a Matrix RF laser 6-7 month after i ended Accutane :/ now I am afraid it maybe had fucked my healing up because it was to early after accutane :(

But thank you so much for a reply mate! 
have you been on accutane yourself? and doing dermaroller/needling later on for scars ?

MemberMember
(@keeping_up)

Posted : 08/19/2016 2:52 pm

No Accutane was years ago I waited a few years also was on low dosage..

You might want to do a test area. to see how it heals.

MemberMember
(@triedmanythings)

Posted : 08/19/2016 3:10 pm

15 minutes ago, Keeping_up said:

No Accutane was years ago I waited a few years also was on low dosage..

You might want to do a test area. to see how it heals.

yeah okay I will do that :/ thanks...

last question mate :( did your skin get thinner after accutane?