Notifications
Clear all

I don't know what to do anymore

MemberMember
(@anthony98)

Posted : 08/18/2016 11:28 am

I started to get acne 10th grade  it was pretty bad but I went to my dermatologist and he prescribed me tretinoin and this liquid thing to stop the growth of bacteria. It worked and my face is fine but then senior year came and my face has gotten really worse. I have a lot of red marks on my face. I don't really have anymore white heads. In the morning I use La Roche Posay Toleriance as my cleanser (makes my face dry) and then I use a oil free sunscreen lotion . At night I use the cleanser then I use the tretinoin cream I wait 10 minutes then I use neutrogena deep moisture night cream. I eat a healthy diet. I don't know what to do anymore

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@1234bp)

Posted : 08/19/2016 5:13 pm

Try combining epiduo with doxycycline at first and then when finishing doxy course continuing with epiduo. Did the trick for me.

MemberMember
(@lilmexicana)

Posted : 08/19/2016 6:13 pm

Are you still on prescription drugs? In my experience, they are the worse thing for acne - not to mention the long term side effects that you will encounter. Why do you use the topical products that you use? Were they recommended to you by your dermatologist? Acne isn't necessarily caused by OIL per se - it is caused by the retention of dead skin cells that get trapped in your hair follicles. I think that oil gets a bad rap - at least you skin's natural oils. You dont want to completely strip your skin of its natural oils - moisture is a GOOD THING when it comes to your skin.

Most likely, the topical products that you are using have clogging oils in them, used as preservatives and instead of HELPING your acne, they actually make it worse. It is pretty common in most store bought topical products because they need to have a longer shelf life than smaller boutique acne products. And those clogging oils actually make the products active ingredients LESS effective because they dilute the overall ingredient mixture.

MemberMember
(@watwatwat)

Posted : 08/20/2016 3:40 am

tretinoin never worked for me :( try using the regimen by dan and combining it with clindamycin!! i know it might be a leap but if you've been on your regimen for three months and there's still no significant improvement, you should change things up. you can view my blog and album. i logged my regimen experience there :) 

MemberMember
(@zeroe)

Posted : 08/21/2016 10:30 pm

On 8/18/2016 at 9:28 AM, Anthony98 said:

I started to get acne 10th grade  it was pretty bad but I went to my dermatologist and he prescribed me tretinoin and this liquid thing to stop the growth of bacteria. It worked and my face is fine but then senior year came and my face has gotten really worse. I have a lot of red marks on my face. I don't really have anymore white heads. In the morning I use La Roche Posay Toleriance as my cleanser (makes my face dry) and then I use a oil free sunscreen lotion . At night I use the cleanser then I use the tretinoin cream I wait 10 minutes then I use neutrogena deep moisture night cream. I eat a healthy diet. I don't know what to do anymore

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Your acne look exactly like mine! keep us posted I'm trying various things and nothing has help me so far

MemberMember
(@zeroe)

Posted : 08/21/2016 11:36 pm

1 hour ago, ZeroE said:
On 8/18/2016 at 9:28 AM, Anthony98 said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Your acne look exactly like mine! keep us posted I'm trying various things and nothing has help me so far

I just look through some vitamin D cure and Glutathione post I'm going to try those two out!

MemberMember
(@mia80)

Posted : 08/21/2016 11:37 pm

Hello. I feel you. I also had breakouts because of different factors that unfortunately I don't know which among them is: Stress, Oily skin, weather, water, or might be hormonal imbalance. Plus, my pimples give very bad and dark pimple marks. I tried everything, but there is one product I am using that dried out my pimples. If you can try, maxipeel no. 2. I am on my 7th day now, and it has done good effects on me. Plus I am taking Praventac also for two weeks now. The results I am experiencing: the pimples became dry, and exfoliation of new skin. At first, there were breakouts, but after you will see that peeling has good side too. Before I am having big pimples, right now, they became smaller. Actually, we need to drink lots of water and eat fresh fruits too. Avoid oily foods as much as possible.

MemberMember
(@lisa624)

Posted : 08/23/2016 12:34 pm

anthony 98, My sister and myself suffered from acne for many years. she was much more severe than i . we tried tazorac and that worked for me but she tried Accutane and doxy both were unable to help her.Then she volunteered for Acne research and got some relief. if you really cant find any medication that works well try that option plus they pay you.

MemberMember
(@lulularis)

Posted : 08/23/2016 1:22 pm

So a couple of things cause pimples. Primarily, they are caused by the retention of dead skin cells in the hair follicle. Not oil. That retention period, from the crud getting in the hair follicle to the pimple forming takes a while - like 3-4 months. So whatever overnight "miracle" you read about just won't work. Even if you are able to calm down your current breakout, most likely you will experience more until the cycle ends.

What causes dead skin cells to get trapped? Well without getting too detailed about the hows and whys - STRESS plays a big part in it. Stress includes stress from work, school, home and your body gets stressed when you don't sleep enough, you drink too much alcohol etc. Your SKIN gets stressed when it gets sunburned.

The second and most common reason is HORMONES. You look pretty young so I am guessing your hormones are all whacky at the moment.

The third reason is... not your fault at all. Hereditary. Most people with severe acne have it in their family.

What you need to do is eat healthily. Don't worry about eliminating foods unless you actually have an allergy to them. Don't freak out and avoid oils, just try to be balanced.

Second - sleep, stay out of the sun and RELAX.

Third - find a good topical NOT over the counter medication and NOT prescription. Those two things are really important. Over the counter will have oils in it that are bad. Prescriptions are the devil incarnate with long-lasting repercussions. The only one I have ever found is what they sell at [removed], called Ninja Skincare. Been using it for years and love it. That would be my suggestion although I am sure there are other good topical products out there as well.