Notifications
Clear all

AHA+ question

MemberMember
(@iyves)

Posted : 08/15/2016 11:00 pm

I don't break out that often anymore, but if I do I usually just leave it alone. I still have a few minor scars/red marks from acne and I was just wondering if it's suitable to use AHA+ without being on the Acne.org Regimen?

*I just use a Cetaphil cleanser and I'm thinking of adding AHA+ to help improve my skin even more

MemberMember
(@geeking)

Posted : 08/20/2016 11:50 pm

yes you can incorporate it into your own regimen. I'd read up on the acne.org regimen and see where you'd like to add AHA into yours, see if they overlap. I emphasize baby steps when using it because it can, at least for me, cause irritation in the beginning.

MemberMember
(@supsarah)

Posted : 08/22/2016 10:43 pm

If your skin is fine without the regimen and what you're doing is working for you, I don't think it can hurt to incorporate AHA :) Especially if you're using it to clear up marks because it works really well for that (I had horrible marks but AHA and time really helped). As Geeking said, it's definitely recommended to start slow and mayb use very litte 2-3x a week until your skin gets used to it. It can sting a little at first. Good luck!