Notifications
Clear all

Please help I don't even want to go out with these red marks !

MemberMember
(@ntnt318)

Posted : 08/13/2016 9:31 am

Hey guys

So I've had acne recently, never had anything on my face before. Since I've moved to a new country, my skin has been getting worse.
It was so frustrating so I picked on them (which was really stupid I know)
Now the acne issue was resolved but they leave a bunch of red marks on my cheeks :(( they're flat but so red that it looks like I have a lot of active acne!!
I've tried laser toning and using moisturiser, sunscreen, rosehip oil  for about 2 months but nothing seems to improve :(
Is there any treatment that can help me? I'm so hopeless right now , any info would help. TIA 
IMG_1454.JPG

IMG_1453.JPG

MemberMember
(@uniquehold)

Posted : 10/18/2016 8:32 pm

Keep it simple, wash your face then moisturize morning and nights. It works

MemberMember
(@melmmg)

Posted : 10/19/2016 1:31 pm

On 8/13/2016 at 10:35 AM, Control Panel said:

Try a product that contains 2% hydroquinone, like Ambi Fade Cream. Just make sure not to use it with any products containing peroxide (benzoyl peroxide, hydrogen peroxide).

I heardhydroquinone does take away your dark spots but thats because its practically a bleaching agent. It's dangerous because of that , it damages themelatonin in your skin making you more susceptible to skin cancer . Plus reducing the amount of melatonin in your skin, makes you super sensitive to the sun and could even cause darkening of your skin that was applied with "hydroquinone " - basically your going to bleach your skin. Sometimes the quickest options are not the best.

You should try and get some AHA atleast 10% from the acne.org regimen, your going to have to wait and be patient. DON'T overdo it and make it worse and AHA should be used as instructed on this website under the acne.org regimen instructions. I think some reviews on AHA said it helps to clear acne and definitely dark marks. I'm going to order it this week.

Best of luck!

MemberMember
(@miguellp)

Posted : 10/19/2016 2:10 pm

It is not so bad,because there isn't scars just red marks. You should visit a dermatologist and find a treatment.I use a gel to clean my face 2 times per Day (morning and evening), sunscreen 3 or 4 times per day and effaclar duo to previne scars.and stopped acuttane 2 months before.

MemberMember
(@uniquehold)

Posted : 10/19/2016 6:54 pm

Miguellp, did accutane work for you? How was it?