Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
milano5

Red spots lingering forever

Ive been using the regimen for almost three months, using BP and GA. I had a few bad breakouts in the first month but other than that it has been going well. Still definitely get a lot of redness, but I only have 1 active zit right now which is a lot better than it was. Ive noticed though that my red marks from zits are taking forever to go away and kind of seem like they aren't going away at all. I still have marks from a breakout I got at the end of May, where before going on the regimen my blemishes would heal up in a week or two. Does anyone else have this problem/does anyone know what is causing this or what I can do to help my red marks? Thanks guys.

Apparently hydroquinone works well for removing discolorations, but you can't use it with benzoyl peroxide. The combination temporarily stains the skin. Glycolic acid doesn't help either, so I guess we just have to wait for them to fade, and it can take years.