Notifications
Clear all

Flaking

MemberMember
(@trudie)

Posted : 08/11/2016 4:29 pm

Hi guys, I'm about 6 weeks into the regimen and not experiencing that great results yet but my main concern right now is the amount of flaking I'm getting. I use 2 full pumps of moisturiser but that doesn't seem to help. Applying makeup is a disaster and I look scaly. I can't gently scratch my forehead without getting dead skin under my nail. It's really bothering me as I start college soon and knowing that my flaking is going to be so obvious is bumming me out. Has anyone got any suggestions on how to minimise flakiness? Thanks

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 08/15/2016 3:30 pm

Hi Trudie,

I'm sorry to hear about your skin. You may use the Acne.org Moisturizer as often as needed to combat the dryness and flakiness on your skin. You may also add 5-6 drops of the Jojoba Oil to the Moisturizer for additional moisture.

You may also use of the Acne.org AHA+. We advise applying it 2 to 3 nights per week after applying the moisturizer.The Acne.org AHA+ will speed up the natural skin renewal process on a cellular level. Causing your skin to heal and replenish faster. This will help with skin renew faster than it can flake off. The Acne.org AHA+ will also help to fade any dark marks left behind from past breakouts.

As for makeup, we would advise that you use only Acne.org products on your skin and nothing else. Wearing makeup may slow down the progress of The Regimen on treating your acne and even harm your results.

However, if you do insist on wearing makeup, you may use it on top of The Regimen products. Make sure that the makeup that you are using is water based, non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic to avoid any reactions on your skin. For more information on acne and makeup, kindly use the link provided below:

http://www.acne.org/makeup-acne.html

If there's anything else that we can help you with, please let us know.

Trudie liked
MemberMember
(@trudie)

Posted : 08/15/2016 5:06 pm

Will the flaking ever stop or at least calm down?

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 08/15/2016 5:58 pm

51 minutes ago, Trudie said:

The flaking will pass trust me. I know how you feel, I was in college too when I started the regimen.

Trudie liked
MemberMember
(@lelliott)

Posted : 08/16/2016 12:17 pm

18 hours ago, oyinkan98 said:
19 hours ago, Trudie said:

The flaking will pass trust me. I know how you feel, I was in college too when I started the regimen.

How long did the flaking last?? I'm about 3 weeks in and aside from the flakiness my skin is looking great, otherwise! Just really bums me out to feel like I HAVE to cover my skin still because of the flakes..

MemberMember
(@trudie)

Posted : 08/17/2016 4:39 am

On 15 August 2016 at 11:58 PM, oyinkan98 said:
On 15 August 2016 at 11:06 PM, Trudie said:

This is good news, thank you!

oyinkan98 liked