Notifications
Clear all

Need advice

MemberMember
(@relaxedgarlic)

Posted : 08/11/2016 6:30 am

Hi, so I am 16 years old and have always gotten stops or the occasional blemish. But lately my face has really started to break out, and it is honestly making me feel so worthless. I get home, wash off my makeup, and cry because looking in the mirror makes me realize how ugly I am. Nobody else in my family has problems with acne except me, although I do not have cystic acne or anything that severe. However, it has gotten to the point where I can't even look my own family members in the face, in fear that they will be repulsed by me. My confidence has just been really shaken lately, and I was wondering how to cope with what feels like a never ending fight with acne.

MemberMember
(@perkie)

Posted : 08/16/2016 10:21 pm

I can relate to you because I felt the same way when I was your age. I could never look someone in the eye because I was so self conscious about my acne. Do you know what triggers your acne or the cause of it? What kind of acne do you have and where? If you can try to figure out what causes it, it may be easier to find a treatment.