Notifications
Clear all

Extremely frustrating. Forehead breaking out . Pics

MemberMember
(@frustrated1985)

Posted : 08/09/2016 10:42 am

What type of acne in this?  I've suffered from acne my whole life on the body but the face hasn't given me too many issues.  I'm 30 now and my forehead and progressively gotten worse.  Seems like a bunch of tiny bumps that are appearing more frequently.  Any suggestions as to what these are?  

image.png

image.png

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 08/09/2016 11:49 am

Those are called closed comedones, or clogged pores. Some of it might be milia, but I highly doubt it as I'm seeing a bit of inflammation on them, which doesn't usually happen to milia macules.

Are you using any wax on your hair? Have you been wearing a beanie or anything that constantly rubs/touches your forehead?

MemberMember
(@frustrated1985)

Posted : 08/09/2016 1:38 pm

No nothing like that. I was using hair gel for a few days but this was happening before that. I've stopped using the hair gel to see if gets better but it hasn't

Thanks for the response

MemberMember
(@frustrated1985)

Posted : 08/10/2016 6:44 am

any advice or pointers on what I should do? Not sure if I should be exfoliating or moisturizing or cleansing or what at the moment. Ended up picking away at my skin last night out of frustration which I'm sure didn't make things any better. Is this severe enough to contemplate antibiotics /accutane? Thanks in advance for any help .

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 08/10/2016 12:42 pm

5 hours ago, Frustrated1985 said:

any advice or pointers on what I should do? Not sure if I should be exfoliating or moisturizing or cleansing or what at the moment. Ended up picking away at my skin last night out of frustration which I'm sure didn't make things any better. Is this severe enough to contemplate antibiotics /accutane? Thanks in advance for any help .

Try a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide cleanser and 2.5% benzoyl peroxide overnight cream. You can get these products at a variety of drug stores. If this fails to work enough after a month then see your derm for a retinoid cream and antibiotics. That should do the trick.

MemberMember
(@sosickofzitz)

Posted : 08/24/2016 8:18 pm

I get closed comedones, especially on my forhead. they never get inflamed really for me though, unless I mess with them. benzoyl peroxide minimizes them, but doesn't seem to take them away. I just started using a salicylic acid serum and it seems to be helping, most have come to a head (not a big scary one, just minor whiteheads and blackheads) and healed up. generally I use my forhead to 'experiment' with new products before applying on the rest of my face to avoid awful reactions. I have never been on antibiotics or accutane, but I know how frustrating persistent acne can be, especially this kind that most people tell you is no big deal. I would definitely try giving topicals a fair chance before going that route though.

MemberMember
(@zarsbar)

Posted : 08/24/2016 10:44 pm

I would get those specifically in the summer. Tea Tree Oil helped a lot.