Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ever since I started the acne.org regimen in October I've had the hardest time keeping my skin moisturized. I've been using the Avene Skin Recovery Cream every day and night after putting on step 2 of the regimen. I wait at least 10 minutes before applying to give my skin a chance to dry and soak in the treatment. However, lately I've noticed that although it is moisturizing, my skin is still really dry. I have dry patches all around my hairline which looks like dandruff and is so hard to get rid of.  Also, I've noticed that if I rub my face accidentally after my routine, chunks of skin/moisturizer come off my face. My makeup looks dry and cracked and it's just really very depressing. I'm not sure if anyone else has ever gone through this or if it's just the Avene. I've tried using the AHA, exfoliating, and using another moisturizer but nothing has seemed to help. I don't know if having clearer skin is worth it after going through this for so long. :/

I know exactly how you feel. One time in high school gym class I was playing volleyball. The ball came toward me, so I hit it. Instead of the ball going over the net, it hit me right in the face. Not only was my face red after this since it was sensitive from the BP, but there were many noticeable flakes on my face. I remember just staying in the bathroom, trying to pick them off. I was late to my third-period class. This happened a number of times, actually. I understand the embarrassment.

The problem with pretty much all moisturizers is that they don't contain good concentrations of good humectants. Don't rely on moisturizers to take care of your dryness and flakiness. Once you're clear, reduce the amount of BP to 1 pump (twice daily) instead of 2 pumps. That's what helps most.

On August 8, 2016 at 0:16 AM, CP. said:

I know exactly how you feel. One time in high school gym class I was playing volleyball. The ball came toward me, so I hit it. Instead of the ball going over the net, it hit me right in the face. Not only was my face red after this since it was sensitive from the BP, but there were many noticeable flakes on my face. I remember just staying in the bathroom, trying to pick them off. I was late to my third-period class. This happened a number of times, actually. I understand the embarrassment.

The problem with pretty much all moisturizers is that they don't contain good concentrations of good humectants. Don't rely on moisturizers to take care of your dryness and flakiness. Once you're clear, reduce the amount of BP to 1 pump (twice daily) instead of 2 pumps. That's what helps most.

I've tried this and still have the same issue. I'm hopeless at this point. 

I remember having a 1% BP gel custom-made for me--brings back memories of when I struggled with this. Somehow everything changed after about 3 years (my skin wasn't so dry anymore). Many times I don't even feel that I need to moisturize. Until you reach this stage, it'll be a choice between flaky but acne-free skin & flake-free skin with acne. I've always chosen the first.