Notifications
Clear all

Still have acne after 10 years

MemberMember
(@jcd97b)

Posted : 08/04/2016 12:39 pm

I don't know what to do anymore, every time I think about or look at my skin it makes me so mad. I've tried everything, wasted probably thousands of dollars on treatments only to have my skin break out again, I have acne on my face, neck, shoulders, back, and chest. It cleared up pretty well when I was 17 but when I started weight training my skin went mad with breakouts. That's when I went and saw a derm and they prescribed me accutane, I did the cycle and it worked well, but about 3 months after I got off of accutane my skin began to experience breakouts again, I hate the fact that I have friends who literally never wash their face, eat a shitty diet, and never excersize that have flawless skin, yet if I forget to change my pillow case one night or eat a cheeseburger I wake up with 5 new pimples, my dad had pretty cystic acne as a teenager, but he was completely clear by the time he was 17 he said and my mom never had acne, I've had acne since I was 10, I'm now 20 and have seen no improvements, in fact I didn't even start getting body acne until I was 18. I shower once in the morning and night with lukewarm water, that's where I wash my face with a sebum dissolver and I always make sure I'm gentle, I then apply spot cream and moisturizer, I drink a gallon of water a day, stay away from dairy, eat as healthy as possible, change my shirts mutiple times a day, always sleep in clean bedding. Acne is severely affecting my self confidence at this point, when I look I the mirror it's all I can see, it honestly stops me from going out and enjoying my life sometimes, does anyone know anything that could possibly help me, and please don't give me the it will go away with age, people have been telling me that for the past 10 years.

MemberMember
(@chillysunny)

Posted : 08/04/2016 1:34 pm

:( I feel bad for you and hope things will get better. Being happy is just way harder when you suffer from acne. I always feel like I'm not really happy. For example, I got accepted to my favorite art school, I'm definitely happy about it, but it's not full happinness because I know I have to deal with my face again and probably skip classes and not be very open in conversations because I'm afraid people will say something about my skin.

Anyway: do you have any idea in what might be the main cause of your acne?