Notifications
Clear all

Covering up hyperpigmentation scars for men

MemberMember
(@eric1305)

Posted : 08/04/2016 1:01 am

Hey guys, I have been dealing with mild/moderate acne for the past 6 years and unfortunately my skin has been recovering gradually slower with the years. This is why I've been using my mother's foundation to hide the hyperpigmentation scars that my acne leaves behind.

I only use the foundation on the scars themselves and I have to say that it works pretty well to go out at night or in dimmed lighting. I'm looking for something that will hide my scars in daylight. Since I can't wear foundation on my whole face because that would look weird on a guy, I need something that will not be visible for spot treatment. I noticed that in daylight the foundation that I put on my scars is visible if you take a close look.

What do you ladies recommend I use? I have no idea what will do the job or what brands exist.

thank you!

MemberMember
(@chillysunny)

Posted : 08/04/2016 1:33 am

You might wanna try Lycogel foundation, I'm not sure if it fully covers your scars, since you don't wanna apply too much or else people will be able to see it, but that's the only product I can think of, I believe they also have a concealer. That might be something.
What do you do to make your hyperpigmentation disappear faster?

MemberMember
(@eric1305)

Posted : 08/04/2016 9:21 am

7 hours ago, ChillySunny said:

You might wanna try Lycogel foundation, I'm not sure if it fully covers your scars, since you don't wanna apply too much or else people will be able to see it, but that's the only product I can think of, I believe they also have a concealer. That might be something.
What do you do to make your hyperpigmentation disappear faster?

Thank you for the quick reply! Is that product available in Canada? I actually don't mind if we still see a bit of my hyperpigmentation, as long as it's less visible. I've tried applying lemon juice, tea tree oil and honey face masks but I feel like they don't work well on me.

MemberMember
(@depressedandscared)

Posted : 08/04/2016 9:27 am

you should try a skin bleaching cream for your hyperpigmentation, i have very bad hyperpigmentation to. im doing everything i can to get rid of it but its hard but patience is the key you just have to be patient and with time it wil fade

Eric1305 liked
MemberMember
(@chillysunny)

Posted : 08/04/2016 10:16 am

44 minutes ago, Eric1305 said:
Thank you for the quick reply! Is that product available in Canada? I actually don't mind if we still see a bit of my hyperpigmentation, as long as it's less visible. I've tried applying lemon juice, tea tree oil and honey face masks but I feel like they don't work well on me.

I highly recommend using glycolic acid based products (toner, cream, pads whatsoever), with the highest amount of glycolic acid you can get (10-15% i think). And also maybe a good moisturizer with vitamin C in it. Works wonders for me.

I think you can order Lycogel online somewhere : )

Eric1305 liked
MemberMember
(@alex-doyle)

Posted : 04/10/2017 11:44 am

Hey Guys, know this is late but thought it appropriate. I've dealt with bad skin for ages and hated not being able to cover up my spots, especially becuase there were so few affordable/ good male concealers out there. Check out the male concealer (Face Fix) by Altr For Men. Hope this helps!