Notifications
Clear all

What can i even eat anymore!!? Please read 🙁

MemberMember
(@sighcat)

Posted : 08/03/2016 4:34 am

I already cut out dairy. I'm also gluten free. Allergic to oats. No sugar. I had to cut out fruit also because in these forums they say that even natural sugars from fruit causes acne! Potatoes cause acne, rice causes acne, nightshade vegetables and certain fruits cause acne, nuts cause acne, beans&legumes causes acne, soy causes acne... The list goes on.. What is there left to eat? I cant find anything to eat! I'm SCARED to eat because they say nearly everything causes acne! Im severely underweight just because of this! I can't even enjoy life! I feel tired ALL the time! What can i eat!!!!? Help me please.

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 08/03/2016 4:51 am

I agree, this is bullshit. Whenever I see any recipe or delicious food video someone shared on fb, it's like oh hey look, another dish I can never enjoy if I don't want to look like pizza face the next day and get marks and holes in my skin that will last for years. Ever wonder what it's like to be one of the "normal" people that can eat a fucking cupcake and not panic afterwards? Yeah, I know.

Anyway, I have found that low GI diet works for me personally (hormonal acne). I usually eat baked/smoked salmon with a side of frozen veggies. They sell those mixed veggies in bags sometimes the bag is microwavable so easy to make. Usually broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, sometimes with beans or peppers. That's pretty much as good as it gets imo health wise. It doesn't taste very good but try adding some salt/spices. I let myself eat 2-4 slices of bread a day as long as rest of the meal is healthy that seems to be fine. I eat plenty of fruit to stay full none of it ever causes acne for me. Also I got sweet potato fries and I make that as a side as well. I buy chicken strips that are white meat and whole grain breaded, chickens raised without antibiotics. Add the veggies or sweet potatoes you got a good tasting meal. Again easy to make just pop meat in oven and veggies in microwave. I'm also thinking of getting some whole grain pasta next time. Hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@sighcat)

Posted : 08/03/2016 4:59 am

2 minutes ago, lifelong confusion said:

I agree, this is bullshit. Whenever I see any recipe or delicious food video someone shared on fb, it's like oh hey look, another dish I can never enjoy if I don't want to look like pizza face the next day and get marks and holes in my skin that will last for years. Ever wonder what it's like to be one of the "normal" people that can eat a fucking cupcake and not panic afterwards? Yeah, I know.

Anyway, I have found that low GI diet works for me personally (hormonal acne). I usually eat baked/smoked salmon with a side of frozen veggies. They sell those mixed veggies in bags sometimes the bag is microwavable so easy to make. Usually broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, sometimes with beans or peppers. That's pretty much as good as it gets imo health wise. It doesn't taste very good but try adding some salt/spices. I let myself eat 2-4 slices of bread a day as long as rest of the meal is healthy that seems to be fine. I eat plenty of fruit to stay full none of it ever causes acne for me. Also I got sweet potato fries and I make that as a side as well. I buy chicken strips that are white meat and whole grain breaded, chickens raised without antibiotics. Add the veggies or sweet potatoes you got a good tasting meal. Again easy to make just pop meat in oven and veggies in microwave. I'm also thinking of getting some whole grain pasta next time. Hope this helps.

I understand you!  All my life i was able to eat whatever crap i want and not get a single small whitehead from it! My skin suddenly got worse. It destroyed myself confidence. Before this  acne thing i really loved the way i looked. I didn't even knew that sites like this existed! I just want to be normal again and enjoy life   Thanks for help :)

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 08/03/2016 5:13 am

13 minutes ago, sighcat said:
I understand you!  All my life i was able to eat whatever crap i want and not get a single small whitehead from it! My skin suddenly got worse. It destroyed myself confidence. Before this  acne thing i really loved the way i looked. I didn't even knew that sites like this existed! I just want to be normal again and enjoy life   Thanks for help :)

Do you know the cause of your acne? Could it be hormonal?

sighcat liked
MemberMember
(@sighcat)

Posted : 08/03/2016 5:48 am

34 minutes ago, lifelong confusion said:

Probably. Cutting out dairy helped me sooo much! But i wonder if gut issues cause acne

MemberMember
(@invisiblenetrix)

Posted : 08/03/2016 8:49 am

I'm eating the most boring diet ever and I'm three weeks into it.

Morning - Bowl of cereal
Lunch - salad with spinach leaves, carrot, kidney beans, corn, sweet potato and steamed chicken breast
Dinner - Pasta

Acne has improved 10 fold. From severe to lower end moderate. The moment I step out of this diet I know I'm to break out like crazy. I dunno how I'm gonna do this forever -.-

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 08/03/2016 10:44 pm

16 hours ago, sighcat said:
17 hours ago, lifelong confusion said:

Probably. Cutting out dairy helped me sooo much! But i wonder if gut issues cause acne

It seems there are a million reasons, it's so frustrating. If your acne is around jaw/chin/lower cheeks, it's most likely hormonal. Inositol can help a lot with hormonal acne. But make sure it is what you have before trying.

MemberMember
(@ironmotivation)

Posted : 08/03/2016 11:37 pm

Hey! What aboutQuinoa? It is a grain, and gluten free to my knowledge

That and buckwheat would be two things that popped into my mind

sighcat liked
MemberMember
(@sighcat)

Posted : 08/04/2016 3:52 am

4 hours ago, IronMotivation said:

Hey! What about Quinoa? It is a grain, and gluten free to my knowledge

That and buckwheat would be two things that popped into my mind

I'm scared if quinoa will cause an allergic reaction and aggravate my acne. :/ I'm scared of trying new food.. 

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 08/04/2016 4:21 am

Please stop. Stress and nutritional deficiencies are much more likely to cause acne (or to aggravate it). You are going into an eating disorder and it will take you years to get out of it if you do not stop now. Your acne will become worse too.

Don't stay in these forums if you are starting to become afraid to eat. Dairy is the only thing I have heard have caused a bit of acne (not for me though). However, people do great with cheese and yogurt. So the ONLY thing you can try is to cut out milk consumption. Everything else should be normal. If you do not have any change in 12 weeks time then you can go back to milk. More likely it is caused by hormones and it is out of your control. See a dermatologist. Get on birth control or a cream (differin for example). Or start exercising (running) everyday to get rid off stress levels and balance your hormones...

If you want to help your acne you need lots of veggies, fruits, and meat... Make some buckwheat bread with bananas and eat lost of good fats!! Even natural sugars are good! Lots of fruits!! Exercise (this is number one). Go out and run everyday and stay active!

If you are unable to let this go please go see a psychologist you should not be feeling like this it is destructive.

Jazzguy, lilieanlilie, Siddhartha N and 2 people liked
MemberMember
(@freddiee)

Posted : 08/04/2016 5:41 am

As hard as it might seem, try not to stress too much about what foods you can or cannot eat. Sure, avoid sugar, dairy and gluten. But stress down your mind dear! Meditation have helped me quite much just to slow down my stress hormones that spikes from negative and stressful thought (same as eating dairy, sugar and gluten.)
Big hug!

sighcat liked
MemberMember
(@dintyq_)

Posted : 08/04/2016 9:27 am

Maybe you should try different foods out to see which ones cause you acne, everyone's different, right?

I eat quinoa, spaghetti, potatoes, and fruit by the pound. I'll eat 4 servings of pasta in a day and it won't break out. Same with potatoes and other grains. I try to limit bread and soy since they make my acne flare up BIG time. I don't eat dairy or meat and have seen a big improvement in how many cysts/nodules I get. Also, the more fruits and vegetables I eat, the prettier my skin looks (it almost glows). I can't eat processed foods though, my skin DIES when I do.

So it all depends on your body. You're gonna have to sacrifice a couple of weeks in order to figure it out.

PS; other people's judgements do not concern you! Your acne will go away, you just have to give it some time and some lifestyle tweaking. Acne plagues many people's lives, don't worry TOO much about it!

MemberMember
(@sighcat)

Posted : 08/04/2016 1:41 pm

9 hours ago, il90 said:

Please stop. Stress and nutritional deficiencies are much more likely to cause acne (or to aggravate it). You are going into an eating disorder and it will take you years to get out of it if you do not stop now. Your acne will become worse too. 

Don't stay in these forums if you are starting to become afraid to eat. Dairy is the only thing I have heard have caused a bit of acne (not for me though). However, people do great with cheese and yogurt. So the ONLY thing you can try is to cut out milk consumption. Everything else should be normal. If you do not have any change in 12 weeks time then you can go back to milk. More likely it is caused by hormones and it is out of your control. See a dermatologist. Get on birth control or a cream (differin for example). Or start exercising (running) everyday to get rid off stress levels and balance your hormones...

If you want to help your acne you need lots of veggies, fruits, and meat... Make some buckwheat bread with bananas and eat lost of good fats!! Even natural sugars are good! Lots of fruits!! Exercise (this is number one). Go out and run everyday and stay active!

If you are unable to let this go please go see a psychologist you should not be feeling like this it is destructive. 

Yeah i want to see i psychologist... I'm 5'6 and weigh 90 pounds because of this... I can't even enjoy life.. I cry everytime someone eats pizza. Or other things i use to eat. All my life i was able to eat like anything i want. It didnt cause me any problem. Now im scared of food. I basically starve myself thorought the day. It's horrible. I just want to be normal and enjoy life and eat the things i want :(

8 hours ago, freddiee said:

As hard as it might seem, try not to stress too much about what foods you can or cannot eat. Sure, avoid sugar, dairy and gluten. But stress down your mind dear! Meditation have helped me quite much just to slow down my stress hormones that spikes from negative and stressful thought (same as eating dairy, sugar and gluten.)
Big hug!

Thank you! 

MemberMember
(@skindeeply)

Posted : 08/04/2016 2:17 pm

Oh, honey . Hugs for you.

It sounds to me like you've stumbled into some dark territory (i.e. Orthorexia). Trust me, you wouldn't be the first around here. I've been there myself.

When our bodies are broken as they are, they're in a constant state of environmental confusion--they no longer know what they're fighting anymore, and therefore it feels like anything you put into it can be a potential "enemy". It's like you no longer have a working definition of what "healthy food" means. And all of a sudden, something that you're biologically wired to derive pleasure from instead begins inducing fear. This cognitive dissonance can be incredibly destructive.

Even though we're all here on these forums with the best intentions, it can sometimes feel like the blind leading the blind when it comes to nutrition and acne. I'm not sure where you live, but if you like, I'd be happy to help you locate a holistic/functional nutrition counselor in your area (or even over skype) that can set you up with the best tools and resources for your specific needs--body, mind, and spirit.

MemberMember
(@skindeeply)

Posted : 08/04/2016 2:39 pm

This thread started by the beautiful dejaclairevoyant back in 2012 was a much needed wake-up call for me. Hopefully, it will offer some insight and solace:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/324274-i-have-something-to-say-everyone-please-read/

<3

sighcat liked
MemberMember
(@ironmotivation)

Posted : 08/04/2016 3:19 pm

1 hour ago, sighcat said:
Yeah i want to see i psychologist... I'm 5'6 and weigh 90 pounds because of this... I can't even enjoy life.. I cry everytime someone eats pizza. Or other things i use to eat. All my life i was able to eat like anything i want. It didnt cause me any problem. Now im scared of food. I basically starve myself thorought the day. It's horrible. I just want to be normal and enjoy life and eat the things i want :( Thank you! 

Well for one to be honest, pizza and sugary and unhealthy foods like those are a pleasure correct? And with every pleasure brings dependence and effects. With alcohol is dehydration and an unhealthy liver with other results, same goes with pizza, comes unhealthy fats and useless calories and it just doesn't agree with our bodies. You do not need alcohol nor pizza to be happy and healthy. What you do need is a stomach full of food and clear skin correct? Well when you find the problem, you'll also be able to find an answer. 

My suggestion would be to start looking at food as only nutrition. Stop looking at the pictures and start looking at the Nutrition labels. Try to consume the required carbs/calories/protein/etc to maintain weight (many calculators are online). Sure the food will taste bland plain, but you'll be on the road to having clear skin while being happy and healthy, which is what you want correct? Well hopefully you'll be able to evolve this idea to your own liking, and remember, even the darkest nights make the stars shine brighter :) 

MemberMember
(@sighcat)

Posted : 08/04/2016 3:33 pm

1 hour ago, SkinDeeply said:

Oh, honey . Hugs for you.

It sounds to me like you've stumbled into some dark territory (i.e. Orthorexia). Trust me, you wouldn't be the first around here. I've been there myself.

When our bodies are broken as they are, they're in a constant state of environmental confusion--they no longer know what they're fighting anymore, and therefore it feels like anything you put into it can be a potential "enemy". It's like you no longer have a working definition of what "healthy food" means. And all of a sudden, something that you're biologically wired to derive pleasure from instead begins inducing fear. This cognitive dissonance can be incredibly destructive.

Even though we're all here on these forums with the best intentions, it can sometimes feel like the blind leading the blind when it comes to nutrition and acne. I'm not sure where you live, but if you like, I'd be happy to help you locate a holistic/functional nutrition counselor in your area (or even over skype) that can set you up with the best tools and resources for your specific needs--body, mind, and spirit.

Thank you sooooo much<3 

10 minutes ago, IronMotivation said:
Well for one to be honest, pizza and sugary and unhealthy foods like those are a pleasure correct? And with every pleasure brings dependence and effects. With alcohol is dehydration and an unhealthy liver with other results, same goes with pizza, comes unhealthy fats and useless calories and it just doesn't agree with our bodies. You do not need alcohol nor pizza to be happy and healthy. What you do need is a stomach full of food and clear skin correct? Well when you find the problem, you'll also be able to find an answer. 

My suggestion would be to start looking at food as only nutrition. Stop looking at the pictures and start looking at the Nutrition labels. Try to consume the required carbs/calories/protein/etc to maintain weight (many calculators are online). Sure the food will taste bland plain, but you'll be on the road to having clear skin while being happy and healthy, which is what you want correct? Well hopefully you'll be able to evolve this idea to your own liking, and remember, even the darkest nights make the stars shine brighter :) 

Thanks!  I really want to gain weight... How is it possible when  i avoid dairy and sugar -even natural sugars that comes from fruits- is it okay if i  eat fruits? 

MemberMember
(@ironmotivation)

Posted : 08/04/2016 3:49 pm

9 minutes ago, sighcat said:
Thank you sooooo much<3  Thanks!  I really want to gain weight... How is it possible when  i avoid dairy and sugar -even natural sugars that comes from fruits- is it okay if i  eat fruits? 

Well you're in luck! It's much easier to gain weight than to lose it. And Yes it is okay infact I would recommend them (if they don't cause acne) our bodies do need sugar (your blood sugar levels may be naturally low). And fruits have nutrients (if you're not taking a multivitamin, you should if you dont eat a large variety of veggies and such). Just avoid ones with high levels of Biotin/ Vitamin B12 (or whatever vitamin that can cause acne for you). 

And to gain weight is simple, eat more calories/carbs/protein than what is required ( try using this  http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/calorie-calculator/itt-20084939 )

And you don't need dairy or sugars to gain weight anyways :) 

sighcat liked
MemberMember
(@skindeeply)

Posted : 08/04/2016 6:25 pm

If it's okay with you, I have a very short list of questions that I was hoping you could answer...

1) When did you begin eliminating foods from your diet?
2) What was your starting weight (before you began elimination dieting)?
3) What have you eaten so far today? What did you eat yesterday? (if you can remember)
4) Not including sugar and dairy, do you have digestive issues when consuming any of the foods you've eliminated from your diet?
5) Do you have a history of depression, anxiety, eating disorders and/or other obsessive compulsive disorders? (zero pressure to divulge any more than you're comfortable with sharing or to go into too much detail on this one)
6) How have you been sleeping lately?

MemberMember
(@sighcat)

Posted : 08/05/2016 12:29 am

18 hours ago, SkinDeeply said:

If it's okay with you, I have a very short list of questions that I was hoping you could answer...

1) When did you begin eliminating foods from your diet?
2) What was your starting weight (before you began elimination dieting)?
3) What have you eaten so far today? What did you eat yesterday? (if you can remember)
4) Not including sugar and dairy, do you have digestive issues when consuming any of the foods you've eliminated from your diet?
5) Do you have a history of depression, anxiety, eating disorders and/or other obsessive compulsive disorders? (zero pressure to divulge any more than you're comfortable with sharing or to go into too much detail on this one)
6) How have you been sleeping lately?

1) When my acne started, about 6 months ago, first i cut out dairy. But i wasn't too strict about it. I would eat a little amount like food prepared with dairy( croissants etc). I wasnt eating processed food at that time. (Like chocolate,chips.. I was fine with it, but i still ate white sugar, pasta, white flour). It made me clear up %95. I didnt had a problem with gluten

2)I was 105 pounds.
3)Well, yesterday i ate a tomato for breakfast. For lunch i ate cucumbers. For dinner i ate omelette. Thats it.

4) No, i don't. I dont have a problem with sugars also. I'm just scared.

5) I was never diagnosed by a doctor.

6) last month, i would stay up until 4a.m then sleep until 12-1pm. Now, I sleep at 11pm-ish. And wake up at 7 am.

MemberMember
(@sighcat)

Posted : 08/05/2016 1:06 pm

12 hours ago, sighcat said:
1) When my acne started, about 6 months ago, first i cut out dairy. But i wasn't too strict about it. I would eat a little amount like food prepared with dairy( croissants etc). I wasnt eating processed food at that time. (Like chocolate,chips.. I was fine with it, but i still ate white sugar, pasta, white flour). It made me clear up %95. I didnt had a problem with gluten

2)I was 105 pounds.
3)Well, yesterday i ate a tomato for breakfast. For lunch i ate cucumbers. For dinner i ate omelette. Thats it.

4) No, i don't. I dont have a problem with sugars also. I'm just scared.

5) Umm, I really dont know.

6) last month, i would stay up until 4a.m then sleep until 12-1pm. Now, I sleep at 11pm-ish. And wake up at 7 am.

MemberMember
(@skindeeply)

Posted : 08/05/2016 10:12 pm

Can I ask what caused you to continue eliminating foods after cutting out dairy, when your skin was 95% clear? Was it just to knock out that remaining 5% or was it a fear that the acne would return?

Your daily caloric intake is frighteningly low, my dear (though I'm sure you already know that). You are on your way to severe malnutrition if you continue like this. I'm guessing you are 15-18 years old? Your brain needs lots of healthy fats right now--they are what coat your myelin sheaths and keep your mind peaceful and focused. Depending on your average activity levels, you should aim for at least 2,000 calories a day to get back to your healthy weight. Personally, I need between 2,000 and 2,100 to keep from losing weight--and you and I have about the same frame (though my happy weight is between 115-118). Count calories if you need to, but make sure you get enough by the end of the day.

You are probably at the age where you won't see an immediate problem with fructose and refined sugars, but overtime, your body will certainly begin to turn on you if you continue consuming them, so it's good to start avoiding them as young as possible.

That said, organic fruits (they have less sugar content than GMO fruit) are perfectly fine and healthy for your body and skin. Lots of acne sufferers cannot tolerate citrus fruits, so I would advise eating those only in moderation. But you shouldn't need to avoid them completely unless you've confirmed they trigger a breakout (oranges and grapefruit tend to be the most common triggers). 

The dairy that just about everyone cannot tolerate on some level is "A1 dairy". Unless you are lactose intolerant, what you are reacting to is the protein in dairy called casein--but only A1 casein is a problem. Most of the milk sold to us comes from Holstein cows (they are the black and white cows). However, "A2 dairy" is perfectly tolerable for the vast majority of people. Goat's milk and Sheep's milk is A2. And believe it or not, they're actually more delicious and creamy than cow's milk. Cheeses and butters that are made with goat and sheep's milk are also fine (and super yummy). So don't worry, you don't have to give up pizza forever! Just make it with goat cheese instead of cow cheese. 

I'm going to include a few great safe and easy recipes that you can try  out at home and will hopefully add some more variety to your diet (and meat to your bones!). I also made up a list of foods that would be good to add to your diet. Your body and skin will thank you for it as you age--trust me :) 

Some final food for thought (see what I did there?): Try not to focus on what you are being œdeprived of in your new diet. Because most of these things are hurting our bodies. Even if your friends can still eat these foods right now (like the pizza you mentioned), that won™t last long. Even if they never get acne, their bodies will eventually start failing them in other ways--whether it™s diabetes, hypothyroidism, heart disease, weight gain, wrinkles, alzheimer's etc.. We want to be eating for health because we love our body and want to take care of it. Try to change your mindset to one of self-love. You are caring for yourself because you and your body deserve it. There are so many fresh and delicious foods out there for you that your body is craving, and many of them you™ve probably never even tried because you were eating all that boring processed stuff. Think of this as an opportunity for growth and exploration. In that way, your friends who are still eating that boring old junk diet are the ones who are being deprived--not you!

VEGGIE PIZZA

1 Ezekiel sprouted wheat tortilla
4 tablespoons of tomato/pizza sauce
1 garlic clove minced
¼ cup onions chopped
¼ cup green peppers chopped
¼ cup broccoli chopped
5 black olives sliced
1 ounce of goat cheese
crushed red pepper for sprinkling

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Place thawed tortilla on large pan and place in oven for 3-­4 mins to allow crust to harden a bit
3. Once tortilla has started to slightly crisp on edges, remove from oven
4. Place sauce and garlic on crust first
5. Then top with suggested toppings or other toppings, being careful not to overload the crust
6. Next place cheese on top.
7. Cook for 10 mins or until cheese is bubbly

CHOCOLATE/ NUT BUTTER/ BANANA SMOOTHIE (4 WEIGHT GAIN)

Just blend it up! You could also freeze it and eat it like gelato.

1 whole can of coconut milk
1 large banana (fresh or frozen)
2 tablespoons of cashew butter or ORGANIC almond butter
1 teaspoon unsweetened dark cacao powder or dark cocoao powder
1-2 shakes of cinnamon

More yummy recipes:
Avocado/Banana Breakfast Smoothie

Quick and Delicious Breakfast Burrito
Stormy Day Stir Fry
Chicken or Chickpea Salad Sandwich

SHOPPING LIST

Organic cashew butter

Raw cashews or raw organic almonds

Hemp seeds and organic chia seeds

Hemp milk

Coconut milk (in a can)

Organic, unrefined coconut oil, fresh, organic EVOO, hemp seed oil

Coconut kefir

Sauerkraut

Kimchi

Unsweetened shredded coconut

Raw, unsweetened cacao powder

Turmeric/curry (organic)

Monk fruit extract

Dry and fresh figs and dates

Avocados (organic)

Onions, garlic, ginger

Bananas and plantains

Blue, red, and black berries (organic)

Dark cherries  (organic)

Pomegranate  (organic)

Kiwi  (organic)

Dragonfruit   (organic)

Goji berries   (organic)

Wide variety of organic greens (except spinach)

Sweet potatoes

Purple (Peruvian) potatoes (organic)

Butternut squash soup (vegan)

Organic, pastured Eggs

Goat™s milk and sheep™ milk

Goat cheese and sheep cheese (especially raw)

Sheep™s milk or coconut yogurt

Organic vegan butter or sheep™s milk butter

Salmon burgers (wild caught/organic)

Organic, free range turkey, chicken, and beef

Lentil soups and stews

Chickpeas and organic hummus

Buckwheat pasta

Quinoa

Wild or brown rice

Flaxseed waffles

Ezekiel brand sprouted grain cereals and breads

Qui™s brand ˜Superfood™ cereals

Chiarezza brand cereal

2 Moms in the Raw brand cereal

One Degree brand sprouted brown rice crisps 

MemberMember
(@sidereal)

Posted : 08/05/2016 11:03 pm

On 8/4/2016 at 4:52 AM, sighcat said:
I'm scared if quinoa will cause an allergic reaction and aggravate my acne. :/ I'm scared of trying new food.. 

I'm in the same boat! I used to love quinoa, but tried low carb and skin totally cleared up, if i have pretty much any bread or pasta or pizza, i'm a mess for like a week. it SUCKS. i feel like quinoa is possible since it's pretty low glycemic, but i'm worried about experimenting too. i'll test it out for us both at some point :P

but anyway, some nuts are high carb. skip peanuts and cashews, for example. but almonds and macadamias are great, very low carb, high fiber. i eat salad a lot. you can go nuts with no/low carb dressing. i have experimented making bread with flax seeds, coconut flour, and flax meal (the latter is the best because it's just mixing a few things and a minute in the microwave and a solid bread replacement for burgers or sandwiches).

here's a general list of things I like to make/eat:
-spinach/arugula/kale salad w/ almonds or flax seeds, tofu/chicken/fish and maybe some cucumber or tomato and whatever dressing you want
-sardines (i usually eat these outside lol because they smell horrifying but taste okay imo)
-tuna steak or other fish and salad like above
-steak (i like rare) or chicken, of course and salad or vegetables
-broccoli, asparagus, some cauliflower (cauliflower mashed potatoes=great, cauliflower mac and cheese = my recipe needs work)
-eggs. onions, garlic, tofu, cheese, sausage, whatever you like
-tomato, mozzarella, basil, olive oil (caprese)
-some kind of sandwich on one of my makeshift breads
-instead of sushi i go for sashimi
-chia seeds

it can be frustrating because pretty much everything you eat takes preparation, but it's mostly tolerable. almonds are key. they're like the perfect snack. crunchy and tasty and filling. i also add chia seeds to water or iced green tea/matcha for a huge boost of fiber. i drink my coffee black with some cinnamon. also, on this type of diet, remember to drink extra water and add some extra salt to your foods. 

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 08/05/2016 11:21 pm

Do a test
cut out EVERY CARB you are eating for 2 weeks, eat only meat, eggs, drink plenty of water and no sugars

after my accutane course my acne went back after 1 month, then i stopped eating carbs and 2 weeks later i was clean
i dont know but RIGHT AFTER eating carbs or sugar my skin instantly start to produce alot of oil

MemberMember
(@skindeeply)

Posted : 08/05/2016 11:32 pm

De Rerum Natura-- She is severely underweight right now as it is. And youradvice for her is to begin a diet that will immediately send her body into ketosis? Are you insane?