Irritation on Body ...

Notifications
Clear all

Irritation on Body Regimen

MemberMember
(@adjustedspoon)

Posted : 08/02/2016 11:30 pm

I'm currently starting the 3rd week on the body regimen to clear up back acne. Fairly decent results so far, although, I am noticing extreme dryness, itching, redness, and crusting on the mid part of my upper back. I am curious how to troubleshoot this. I haven't been applying the benzoyl peroxide to the area for the last few days, but it doesn't seem to be helping much. Is the Glycolic Acid a sufficient moisturizer, or should I apply something else to help the extremely dry area? Thanks for your feedback.

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 08/04/2016 1:37 pm

Hi AdjustedSpoon,

I'm sorry to ear about your skin.

Our best advice is that you stop using the Acne.org Treatment (Step 2) and the Acne.org AHA+ (Step 3) temporarily until your skin goes back to normal. You may continue using the Acne.org Cleanser (Step 1) twice a day as normal. Once your skin is calm, begin using all three products but start SLOWLY using only one pump of Acne.org Treatment (Step 2) and one pump of Acne.org AHA+ (Step 3) only once per day for a full week. By week two you may start applying one pump of the Acne.org Treatment and AHA+ twice a day. In week three apply two full pumps of Acne.org Treatment and AHA+ twice a day (morning and night). In week four you can apply four full pumps of Acne.org Treatment and AHA+ twice per day (morning and night).

If you find that you are not completely clear with 4 pumps of Step 2 and Step 3, you may increase the dose of both as needed until you are completely clear.

MemberMember
(@n82153)

Posted : 08/04/2016 11:34 pm

Lay off the BP if your skin gets really irritated. Firstly though, add more moisturizer day AND night regardless if you applied BP or not and STOP using the acid.If youhave been using BP and moisturizer for some weeks and you still have acne, then start using AHA/acid but until then, don't use it.