Notifications
Clear all

I beg your help 🙁

MemberMember
(@biancaatienzo)

Posted : 08/02/2016 10:45 pm

Before, I only had hormonal pimples but since I started using clinique acne solutions, I broke out so much that I didn't want to look at my face in the mirror anymore. It's making me depress. People also ask me what happened to my face and I dont know what to say.

Please help me. I don't know what to do anymore. Should I stop using clinique? What should I use to clean my face? 

20160802_204027.jpg

MemberMember
(@ironmotivation)

Posted : 08/03/2016 7:13 pm

Well firstly it doesn't look as bad as you say it is. And I would say that you should try taking a time break from it to see if it gets worse or stays the same. If it stays the same/gets better, then it might have been the cause.

MemberMember
(@jessssiieee)

Posted : 08/08/2016 5:09 pm

I used that stuff on my face and it COMPLETELY broke me out. It was horrible

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 08/10/2016 1:23 am

Use cetaphil, or any gentle cleaner similar to it.
Or use a 2.5% benzoyl peroxide cleanser and 2.5% benzoyl peroxide cream overnight.
See your dermatologist and ask about using a retinoid cream. Epiduo might me a good option because if has benzoyl peroxide and a retinoid as active ingredients. Or you could try a 0.05% tretinoin cream.

MemberMember
(@jessssiieee)

Posted : 08/12/2016 10:18 pm

Epiduo is a great option! I'm currently using it and I have no active pimples

MemberMember
(@skyedavis)

Posted : 08/12/2016 10:49 pm

Clinique breaks you out and THEN gets better........its just bringing everything to the surface my guess is

MemberMember
(@sheilamal)

Posted : 08/21/2016 8:43 pm

Use this : glutathione (reduced) antioxidant pills with Vitamin C. Miracle skin! You will look great and thank me.

MemberMember
(@lilmexicana)

Posted : 08/23/2016 2:08 pm

Hmmm not sure I agree with SkyeDavis - very rarely does something break you out then get it better. If a product isn't working for you, stop using it. Which Clinique product is it? Does it have Benzoyl in it? And acne scar obsession is on the right track but 2.5% BPO will likely have little to no effect on your skin unless you get a very pure product - which you would NOT be able to find in a store. If you are buying at the store, then get something with the highest allowable 10% and build up - like 30 mins on your face one night, then 1 hour, then 2 hours then overnight. BPO stains your sheets so watch out but it is super effective, especially if you find a good product. If you ARE sensitive to BPO, glycolic or salicylic acids are good alternatives, or something with sulfur in it.

Most likely Clinque has loads of preservatives in it to maintain its shelf life and hate to tell you but all those preservatives are oils that CLOG PORES. There is no way around it for them if they are to obtain the shelf life that is required for big manufacturers. Get a small batch topical company and you will have success in clearing your skin. Guaranteed.