Notifications
Clear all

Product Similar to Epiduo

MemberMember
(@zoeypaige)

Posted : 08/02/2016 7:01 pm

I've just finished my last refill of Epiduo. It's the only thing that has work on my breakouts so I'm sad to see it go. My acne isn't bad enough to go back to the dermatologist so I need a new, over-the-counter acne cream that works as well as Epiduo. Anyone have any suggestions?!

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 08/02/2016 9:10 pm

I think you should continue with the medication since it works. Ask the dermatologist if you can continue with the medication since it gives you control over your acne.

If you cant continue with the epiduo then I recommend buying a cleanser with 2.5% benzoyl peroxide and a cream to apply overnight with 2.5 % benzoyl peroxide. The active ingredients in epiduo are adapalene(a retinoid) and benzoyl peroxide. Maybe buy an over the counter retinol cream to take the place of the adapalene.

MemberMember
(@inanna)

Posted : 08/25/2016 7:11 am

Your GP can also prescribe Epiduo. Since you are already on it you should be able to get it just by calling or texting his or her office so you don't have to make an appointment. That's what I would do.

In theory you could get similar results by mixing BP and adapalene in your hand, but while BP is OTC adapalene requires a prescription. I don't know of any OTC retinoids or retinoid-like products to substitute for adapalene.

If you really really don't want to see a doctor I suppose you could continue with BP only, but it's unlikely to work as well. You are SO lucky for getting well, why mess with treatment that works?