Notifications
Clear all

REDNESS ON CHEEKS

MemberMember
(@maddymoocow)

Posted : 08/01/2016 11:30 pm

I need help, I've been struggling with this breakout for probably 7+ months. It's taken its toll emotionally and I have no clue what to do with my skin. Anyways, here is my regime: 

morning - Sophytopro cleanser then moisturizer. I try to not use my prescriptions in the morning but sometimes I do. 

Evening - Sophytopro cleanser, clindamycin, tretinol ONLY ON FOREHEAD RECENTLY, Azelic acid, then Sophytopro moisturizer. 

More detail about Tretinol, I started using it exclusively on my forehead because it made my face so hot and red. I started using it on my cheeks again, only to find it made more acne and more redness without help after a MONTH OF USAGE. I am fully aware of the purge and the characteristics of tretinol. 

Anyways again, please look at the attached picture and tell me what I should do. My skin is a mess and I can't continue. Here are my questions:

image.jpeg

How  to get rid of my redness/irritation?
How to cure active acne? 
Hyperpigmentation/scars? 

thank you in advanced :') 

MemberMember
(@lilieanlilie)

Posted : 08/07/2016 3:36 pm

You're hyperpigmentation really isn't that bad. The marks are pretty light so it should fade out in a few months- a year.

MemberMember
(@maddymoocow)

Posted : 08/13/2016 12:38 pm

Thanks lilianlilie, I hope they do!! I'm just more concerned about getting my face back to how it looked before I irritated it.

MemberMember
(@krisst)

Posted : 08/14/2016 11:18 pm

man id kill to have that skin problem.dont worry about it you should see my face

MemberMember
(@maddymoocow)

Posted : 08/18/2016 4:44 pm

Comparing your skin to mine doesn't help me sadly. Everyone is having their own struggles with their skin on this website. I'm just asking for advice/help on my personal skin problems and belittling my problems doesn't help anyone.

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 08/22/2016 2:24 pm

Hi! From the pic I can't tell that you have active breakouts on the cheek area - did you have a lot of your breakouts there?I ask because when I started using topical creams along my jawline for my active acne/hyperpigmintation, I also started using them on my cheek and nose area to help with oiliness/blackheads and I got a LOT of redness from doing so. It looks just like yours. Safe to say I stopped doing that lol.

For me, I find that moisturizing BEFORE putting topical treatments on really helps avoid irritation. A lot of people will swear by applying them first, but it has never hindered the medications effectiveness for me. My derm even told me to moisturize first. I apply the moisturizer, let it dry, and then apply the cream. When I used to do it in the reverse it would make my skin sting and burn 10x worse.

I cured my active acne with birth control, and then added in topical treatments to help speed things up and also to help with hyperpigmentation.

I am now still using the topical treatments on the areas with hyperpigmentation even though I have no more active acne. They are slowly fading, though I know it will take time. I have already seen an improvement in them in the last month (I've been taking pics monthly to monitor). The marks are a lot less red/noticeable. I have started using a serum to helps with the marks too, but it's only been a week so I don't know if it does anything. I wouldn't incorporate any new serums or anything in though until your skin irritation and active acne is under control!

MemberMember
(@carteralmeida)

Posted : 08/26/2016 5:38 am

Do not panic. You can definitely get a relief. All you have to do is use an effective anti-redness cream that can address all your skin issues, like redness, irritation, hyperpigmentation, and acne. I have been using Pensida Anti-Redness Cream for quite some time and got real results. This cream has really transformed my skin. Give it a try.

MemberMember
(@rd123)

Posted : 06/06/2018 1:42 pm

Hows your face looking like now, has the redness gone away?