Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest

Please help. Interconnected acne cysts?

Recommended Posts

Guest

I don't know what to do. I've tried Accutane with no luck and I can't go on it again because of the brain pressure problems I had whilst on the drug. My acne on my right cheek is interconnected and it has, at the moment, three cysts that join together. I just started an antibiotic and it feels so bruised I can't sleep on my face or dab makeup on it. It hurts so much and is so large I want to cry and hide in the dark. I'm almost twenty, I shouldn't have to waste my youth because of this. I want to go out and be able to explore with makeup and feel beautiful. Have someone kiss my cheek and not have to worry about touching my face. Please help me. I'm so worried it's conglobata because it's the most uncommon. All I have left to try is spironolactone which I went on for a week but it made me break out so I stopped. It's probably not even hormonal so I'm just stuck with it. My left cheek is starting to break out now which hasn't happened in a year. image.jpg
Right cheek.

image.jpg
Left cheek. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Of course no one will help me with my questions. I'll never get help. I may as well just die than live with this mess on my face. Update since this morning:
image.jpg
It doesn't even look like acne anymore. I'm literally the only person who took antibiotics and it made it worse for them. I'll never be saved. Fuck living.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 hour ago, Fudgesicle87 said:

Have you tried the regimen?

No, I haven't yet. I heard topicals don't really help cysts so I never bothered to try
Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to go to the dermatologist. They can give cortisone shots to calm the inflammation of those cysts. Call their office tomorrow and say you have cysts with an alarming amount of inflammation. Your dermatologist should let you slip by without an appointment and give your cysts some cortisone shots to dampen the inflammation.

Edited by acne scar obsession
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes to the cortisone shots^ at least for the really large cysts that don't come to a head. It will take the swelling down within 24 hours and I wish someone told me about them sooner. The only thing is not to go to crazy with them and make sure you go to a good derm because if done wrong they can leave an indent in your skin. I have had 5 or 6 and that has not happened to me yet. If I wake up with a giant cyst or it wont go away after a while I usually call my dermatologist and tell the receptionist that I need to get in as soon as possible for a cortisone injection (sometimes I say I have a special event to go to so its urgent.) They sting a little but work like magic. And I have read a lot of comments from people saying certain antibiotics made them break out worse at first or just didnt work for them.

Also even with the acne, I was like "wow she's really pretty" so try not to let it be the only thing you think about. Trust me I know exactly how you feel, I am 23 and have cried about my acne several times. All my best friends are gorgeous with perfect skin which makes it harder. My problem area has always only been my chin ( Im talking 10-15 cysts at a time on bad days) but I went on the wrong birth control one time and my cheeks broke out just like yours so there is still a definite possibility that your acne is hormonal especially if topicals dont work and you have cysts. I am taking birth control that planned parenthood recommended me and I have been on spironolactone for a few years now and the combination can't be beat. I am telling you TAKE THE SPIRO!!! Or at least give it some time. It worked slowly for me but after 7 or 8 months I was completely clear. I still occasionally get a cystic pimple during that time of the month but honestly spiro was a miracle drug for me and I tried everything in the past with the exception of accutane because it scares me. I know its really hard to be patient with this crap but my breakouts got less intense every month when I started spiro until eventually they pretty much stopped and I even stopped wearing makeup. I never had an initial outbreak but I know other women have said they do. The only reason I am back on this site is because I went off my birth control for a month and now my skin is freaking out again but my skin has been 98% clear for the past 2 years. I also use clyndamycin topical lotion and tea tree oil cleanser to maintain everything. Also no offense to the acne.org regimen because I can see how it would work for many people but if you are having cystic breakouts all that benzyl peroxide shit is just going to dry out your skin and make your foundation look cakey AF. Trust me. And I really think your issue is hormonal. 

Hope this helps!

Edited by Megalodon
Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried taking birth control pills to help with your acne/cysts? In the past, that's the only thing that helped me. I get terribly painful and big cysts around my jawline, by my ears, and on my cheeks. I literally know your pain and I too love makeup. I'm desperate for my acne to clear up and stumbled upon the acne.org regime. I'm going to order tonight. I had to stop the birth control pills because they amplified my migraines, but boy did I have pretty skin when I was on it!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/08/2016 at 11:58 PM, Brodsie said:
On 02/08/2016 at 10:25 PM, Fudgesicle87 said:

Have you tried the regimen?

No, I haven't yet. I heard topicals don't really help cysts so I never bothered to try
The combo of BP and aha is supposed to help cysts. Accutane got rid of my cysts though so I'm not speaking from personal experience. 
Link to post
Share on other sites

I really feel for you, i hope you are alright. See the dermatologist asap and in the mean time just breathe and avoid looking in the mirror. I know when i stare into the mirror too long i start to stress and feel anxious. Stressing out will just do more harm than good. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
On August 3, 2016 at 4:11 AM, acne scar obsession said:

You have to go to the dermatologist. They can give cortisone shots to calm the inflammation of those cysts. Call their office tomorrow and say you have cysts with an alarming amount of inflammation. Your dermatologist should let you slip by without an appointment and give your cysts some cortisone shots to dampen the inflammation.

My worry with cortisone shots is that some people have mentioned they cause an indentation of the skin. I'm so scared if I were to get one I'll get a scar deeper than what I would've if I had left it alone. It's so tempting to just pop it.
On August 3, 2016 at 5:27 AM, Megalodon said:

Yes to the cortisone shots^ at least for the really large cysts that don't come to a head. It will take the swelling down within 24 hours and I wish someone told me about them sooner. The only thing is not to go to crazy with them and make sure you go to a good derm because if done wrong they can leave an indent in your skin. I have had 5 or 6 and that has not happened to me yet. If I wake up with a giant cyst or it wont go away after a while I usually call my dermatologist and tell the receptionist that I need to get in as soon as possible for a cortisone injection (sometimes I say I have a special event to go to so its urgent.) They sting a little but work like magic. And I have read a lot of comments from people saying certain antibiotics made them break out worse at first or just didnt work for them.

Also even with the acne, I was like "wow she's really pretty" so try not to let it be the only thing you think about. Trust me I know exactly how you feel, I am 23 and have cried about my acne several times. All my best friends are gorgeous with perfect skin which makes it harder. My problem area has always only been my chin ( Im talking 10-15 cysts at a time on bad days) but I went on the wrong birth control one time and my cheeks broke out just like yours so there is still a definite possibility that your acne is hormonal especially if topicals dont work and you have cysts. I am taking birth control that planned parenthood recommended me and I have been on spironolactone for a few years now and the combination can't be beat. I am telling you TAKE THE SPIRO!!! Or at least give it some time. It worked slowly for me but after 7 or 8 months I was completely clear. I still occasionally get a cystic pimple during that time of the month but honestly spiro was a miracle drug for me and I tried everything in the past with the exception of accutane because it scares me. I know its really hard to be patient with this crap but my breakouts got less intense every month when I started spiro until eventually they pretty much stopped and I even stopped wearing makeup. I never had an initial outbreak but I know other women have said they do. The only reason I am back on this site is because I went off my birth control for a month and now my skin is freaking out again but my skin has been 98% clear for the past 2 years. I also use clyndamycin topical lotion and tea tree oil cleanser to maintain everything. Also no offense to the acne.org regimen because I can see how it would work for many people but if you are having cystic breakouts all that benzyl peroxide shit is just going to dry out your skin and make your foundation look cakey AF. Trust me. And I really think your issue is hormonal. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your reply!

I'm wondering how spiro would work for me since I can't take birth control due to some issues the pill gives me. About a year ago I tried spiro for a week and it made me break out really bad so I chickened out and thought that maybe my issue isn't hormonal.

My nodulocystic acne can grow to about an inch long. I also rarely ever get any 'normal' acne anymore. I mainly only get these large a**holes on my cheeks. Did you notice your cysts wouldn't be as big anymore? I really don't think I can live with these,  I need a miracle but Accutane didn't work for me. :(

I noticed the main problem with the lymecycline it seems to not have any effect with the the production of acne but it causes severe inflammation and pain inside of it, causing it to look worse.
 
On August 3, 2016 at 5:33 AM, Laurambee118 said:

Have you tried taking birth control pills to help with your acne/cysts? In the past, that's the only thing that helped me. I get terribly painful and big cysts around my jawline, by my ears, and on my cheeks. I literally know your pain and I too love makeup. I'm desperate for my acne to clear up and stumbled upon the acne.org regime. I'm going to order tonight. I had to stop the birth control pills because they amplified my migraines, but boy did I have pretty skin when I was on it!! 

I can't as well because the migraines! I'm thinking spiro might be better for me and hopefully
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes


×