Notifications
Clear all

Do you wear Sunscreen even youre staying inside the house?

MemberMember
(@zaaacdy)

Posted : 08/01/2016 8:01 am

Do you really need to wear sunscreen everyday even when you're not going out?
I'm asking because, I wonder if i still need to wear sunscreen even though I'm staying at home the whole day. I hate sunscreen because it makes my face sting and red but my derm prescribe one for me to use everyday.

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 08/01/2016 5:07 pm

If your inside all day then I dont know why you'd have to wear sunscreen. Unless you're sitting beside a window and have sunlight hitting you a lot during the day then dont bother with the sunscreen.

Zaaacdy liked
MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 08/02/2016 7:49 am

I would not. I also don't wear it unless I'm going to be outside for an extended period of time. If I'm going out for like 15 minutes or something then I would not where it because I enjoy getting some sun on my bare face to soak up good old vitamin D. Sunscreen is great, but don't be afraid of the sun haha! I feel like a lot of people become obsessed with it and think the world will end if the sun touches your bare skin.

MemberMember
(@chillysunny)

Posted : 08/02/2016 11:51 am

I do, but I don't think it'snecessary.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 08/02/2016 2:32 pm

No I don't.I really do t like sunscreen on my face I don't trust it. But I'm rarerrarerly outside for extended periods of time. If I go to the pool or beach I'll wear it on my arms and back but just wear a big floppy hat.

MemberMember
(@skindeeply)

Posted : 08/04/2016 7:44 am

On 8/2/2016 at 2:32 PM, snarkygirl said:

No I don't.I really do t like sunscreen on my face I don't trust it. But I'm rarerrarerly outside for extended periods of time. If I go to the pool or beach I'll wear it on my arms and back but just wear a big floppy hat.

I'm with you, girl. Also you, @kelbell. I don't think I've ever actually had sunscreen on my face since I was a kid. I won't even use foundation that has added sunscreen. I will use it on my hands, back, lower chest/upper breast(?) region when I'm out in the sun for long periods of time, but that's it (aside from my floppy hat).

I'm almost 30, and even though I know that's not quite old enough to notice major facial damage, I don't have any fine lines or sun damage, and have very little hyper-pigmentation. My mother is also very pale and has never used sunscreen on her face--only floppy hats--and she has no wrinkles at age 61.

I definitely agree that people are overly and unnecessarily obsessed with sunscreen these days, and I suspect much of the paranoia is profit-driven.

That said, I'm also a not-particularly-outdoorsy research assistant, so not exactly a "sun-worshiper".

MemberMember
(@gladiatoro)

Posted : 08/04/2016 8:50 am

3 hours ago, SkinDeeply said:
I'm with you, girl. Also you, @kelbell. I don't think I've ever actually had sunscreen on my face since I was a kid. I won't even use foundation that has added sunscreen. I will use it on my hands, back, lower chest/upper breast(?) region when I'm out in the sun for long periods of time, but that's it (aside from my floppy hat).

I'm almost 30, and even though I know that's not quite old enough to notice major facial damage, I don't have any fine lines or sun damage, and have very little hyper-pigmentation. My mother is also very pale and has never used sunscreen on her face--only floppy hats--and she has no wrinkles at age 61.

I definitely agree that people are overly and unnecessarily obsessed with sunscreen these days, and I suspect much of the paranoia is profit-driven.

That said, I'm also a not-particularly-outdoorsy research assistant, so not exactly a "sun-worshiper".

Try coconut oil instead has a natural spf of 7.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 08/06/2016 8:58 am

On 8/4/2016 at 8:44 AM, SkinDeeply said:

lil I'm so NOT  out sorry either. My idea f camping is sleeping next to a poster of the Grand Canyon :)

On 8/4/2016 at 8:44 AM, SkinDeeply said:

thats a good point...almost all the trends and fads are profit driven

MemberMember
(@lulularis)

Posted : 08/24/2016 2:50 pm

I personally wear it every day regardless of my plans to go out. It is just a part of my daily routine - wash, sunscreen, moisturizer. Like clockwork. I don't know about you but I will make it out of the house at LEAST a couple of times/day and if that quick errand ends up being longer, or I am stuck in the sun waiting for my kids or something, I am always happy that I slathered it on like I was told to. No harm in putting it on as a daily routine, IMO. Nothing to lose.