Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WoWThatsRight

HELP! Please severe acne scars

Posted

Hello everyone, this is extremely hard for me but , I want to share my story with all you guys. To start off my name is Richard and  I grew up in Los Angeles and since I was a young kid I always liked to be in the spotlight for everything. Once I got to my teens that's were my life change . Severe acne came out of nowhere . Well long story short my acne has subside and need help with my acne scars . I know they're horrible and some people call me ugly and what not. My self-esteem hasn't been the same since like forever. Please some one help me. What treatment's should I get and how much do they cost since I am a student and don't make that much money. So form this day on I'm going to try and save as much as I can . Please God bless anyone with info to the right path. image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Posted

Don't think you really have hypertrophic scars, you might get more response in the regular scar forum.
I see scarred pores, and I think rolling and boxcar scars. I would do some research on the following treatments: TCA cross, microneedling, mild chemical peels, and possibly subcision. There is a FAQ thread in the main scar forum that will explain these treatments. This page will also have some rough estimate of prices and the process
http://www.acne.org/acne-scar-treatment.html. You can perform most of these treatments at home if you spend enough time learning how to do them safely. Chemical peels and TCA cross carry some risk of hyper/hypo pigmentation, so be thorough in researching them if you choose to perform them.