Notifications
Clear all

Old Copper Peptides

MemberMember
(@jade11)

Posted : 07/29/2016 3:14 pm

Coming out of a phase of doing nothing about skin problems for a few years, I found this bottle of copper peptides recently. I'm thinking of using it for my new regimen. I've attached pics of the bottle. According to the label it was manufactured in 02/2008. Would it still be ok to use? 

Another reason I'm posting is I've read some reports around the web saying the recipe was changed at some point from "real copper peptides" to fake. I'm hoping someone reading this might be able to tell if this one is the real.  (I don't remember any negative symptoms back when I was using it. My skin is quite thick and oily though, I may not have noticed).

cp-back.pngcp-front.png

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 07/29/2016 4:38 pm

I see a website on the label. I'd contact the company and speak to a customer service rep before using. Better safe than sorry! Good luck!!

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 07/30/2016 5:15 am

Why would you consider using an 8-year-old product that is controversial? blows my mind

MemberMember
(@jade11)

Posted : 08/01/2016 2:38 pm

On 7/30/2016 at 11:15 AM, Robertitoo said:

Why would you consider using an 8-year-old product that is controversial? blows my mind

Yes, it's a bit risky. That's why I thought I'd ask here.
It's an expensive product. I don't like to throw things away if I could still use it.

What I'll probably do is patch test for a few days on some part of the body.

I was also thinking of adding some mild disinfectant to it. They didn't list ingredients, I'm presuming it's just one ingredient + water. If you have any knowledge of chemistry etc, would like to hear from you.