Is using one pump o...

Notifications
Clear all

Is using one pump of acne.org moisturiser okay?

MemberMember
(@trudie)

Posted : 07/29/2016 5:27 am

Hi, it's my fourth week on the regimen and I'm facing a bit of a dilemma. I know Dan strongly recommends using 2 pumps of moisturiser but that to me feels like a ton on my face. I hate the moisturisers formula, I dread putting it on because of the colour, slight smell, how thick it is and the fact it never really fully absorbs AND leaves a film on my face that transfers to anything that touches my face. There's also the tanning effect of having my face be yellow in comparison to my neck, so I've been using 1 pump. Will this cause a problem for my progress? If I absolutely need to I'll use more.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 07/29/2016 12:17 pm

The Regimen works best when used as directed. Using less than 2 pumps could affect your results. I'd recommend using the full 2 pumps until you've been clear for awhile. After that, you can experiment with tweaking the amount. Many find they can get away with using less.

Good luck! |::)

Trudie liked
MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/29/2016 2:37 pm

Just speaking personally when I did it, I used about half of all the recommended products. I also found that using the moisturiser first was better for not getting irritation but idk if its recommended.

Trudie liked
MemberMember
(@trudie)

Posted : 07/30/2016 6:00 am

Thanks! I wish the formula was a bit better

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/30/2016 9:27 am

When I was short on cash I used a drugstore moisturiser like Neutragena or CeraVe. I also like DML lotion.

Trudie liked
MemberMember
(@n82153)

Posted : 08/04/2016 11:37 pm

There are tons of moisturizers out there if Dans doesnt satisfy you! And just do what works for you. I don't have the luxury of being able to do that because if I did, my skin would start to flake it would be so dry lol

MemberMember
(@trudie)

Posted : 08/06/2016 5:41 am

I've recently went up to two pumps because the flaking left me no choice. I don't know whether to try jojoba oil or AHA+ to help with it

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 08/06/2016 8:16 am

2 hours ago, Trudie said:

I've recently went up to two pumps because the flaking left me no choice. I don't know whether to try jojoba oil or AHA+ to help with it

jojoba is similar to the sebum our skin produces. AHA might dry you out more.

MemberMember
(@trudie)

Posted : 08/07/2016 7:08 am

22 hours ago, snarkygirl said:
On 6 August 2016 at 11:41 AM, Trudie said:

jojoba is similar to the sebum our skin produces. AHA might dry you out more.

Thank you