Notifications
Clear all

What can I use to clear this up?

MemberMember
(@maddieerinx)

Posted : 07/28/2016 6:45 pm

I'm getting little tiny zits/pimples (I think that's what they are) on my cheeks and forehead...and it's odd because it literally just started happening. I keep my face clean, it's very oily so I don't usually use any oils on it, but my skin used to be super clear (besides a red dot that's been on/in the skin on my nose for like a year now), so I was wondering what I could use to clear this up, or should I just keep my face clean and let t go away on its own? I'm going shopping this weekend so anything in drug stores would be great. 

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@swiftwoof)

Posted : 07/28/2016 11:13 pm

Those look to me like potential blackheads. However, you're in luck- most of us on this website have had/have acne that is a lot harder to treat. I would head over to possibly Walgreens or Target (depending on where you live) and I would look for noncomedigenic blackhead cleanser, and then put a light (1.9% works for me) amount of salicylic acid on it, and keep the skin rinsed and clean throughout the day. This will probably show results in about a week if done properly

MemberMember
(@maddieerinx)

Posted : 07/28/2016 11:24 pm

The brown/blackish dots are freckles, by the way. I'm covered in those lol.
the dots I'm referring to are more clear-ish, bumpy(obviously) and sort of red

Swiftwoof liked
MemberMember
(@swiftwoof)

Posted : 07/28/2016 11:33 pm

Yes I understand that, sorry for the confusion. I noticed the pre formation because on my chest at one point there were tiny dots that were just a tad red, and after about 2 months they developed into blackheads. I noticed a similar look on your face, so just a heads up, even a simple cleanse, toner, and moisturizer should be fine if you stay consistent

MemberMember
(@banban)

Posted : 08/01/2016 12:51 am

Maybe buy some products with exfoliants in it like salicylic or glycolic acid?