Please help me iden...

Notifications
Clear all

Please help me identify/treat these persistant blocked pores

MemberMember
(@ginaandmore)

Posted : 07/28/2016 3:51 pm

Hi!

I have always had an issue with blocked pores/blackheads rimming my entire lip line, now they have spread to my chin. They don't all look exactly like black heads, just a blocked pore with white gunk sticking out. Sometimes, my skin feels rough. I have been using Retin A for the last month and maybe this is getting worse because of the retin a bringing everything to the surface? I do exfoliate once or twice a week. I moisturize and still not much improvement. I have spent hours trying to extract them out but sometimes they don't come out easy. Does anyone know how to get rid of this gunk? TYSM! :) 

blocked pores.jpg

MemberMember
(@tyler-r)

Posted : 07/29/2016 10:25 pm

I would seriously not worry about those. I've had them almost my whole life. Unless they turn into pimples, nobody will ever see them. I think they are the chin's equivalent to Sebacious Filaments.

MemberMember
(@sosickofzitz)

Posted : 08/23/2016 11:19 pm

I'm going to be completely honest, my face looks the exact same. I have never been able to get rid of them...spent days and nights stressing over it after reading horror stories on here of people's faces going from mild to crazy suddenly. however, I don't think they've ever turned into anything inflamed unless I messed with them. so, count your blessings and try not to worry about it. :) I also don't think anyone even notices but ourselves. 

MemberMember
(@oookkk)

Posted : 02/16/2020 1:09 am

I notice my chin had turned into little mounds, bubbles, pores not visible.

I used 30% Glycolic Acid. As it sat on the mounds I manipulated them like a big pimple. Eventually clear sebum starts coming out. It scabbed. Still a little red but so smooth.