Notifications
Clear all

DIM/Estroblock

MemberMember
(@chillysunny)

Posted : 07/28/2016 11:29 am

Does anyone here has experience taking DIM or Estroblock for acne?
I'm taking it for about a month now and it has only gotten worse on my face.
The strange thing is that my back totally cleared up after 1 week of taking DIM.

I am getting kinda desperate since school starts in a month and I can't imagine that my skin gets totally clear within that short amount of time. :\

MemberMember
(@veganbat94)

Posted : 07/28/2016 4:50 pm

I fell for the hype and bought it a couple of years ago, it's useless. Acne is caused by androgens not estrogens.
Are you taking any other supplements? I highly recommend Zinc, NAC, and Matcha Green Tea.

MemberMember
(@chillysunny)

Posted : 07/29/2016 11:57 am

19 hours ago, veganbat94 said:

I fell for the hype and bought it a couple of years ago, it's useless. Acne is caused by androgens not estrogens.
Are you taking any other supplements? I highly recommend Zinc, NAC, and Matcha Green Tea.

I did take Zinc for long time, but I don't feel like it made any difference. Maybe I can give it another shot.
Now I'm just taking probiotics and vitamin C along with DIM.

I'm seriously considering to take a birth control pill though, despite the side effects and everything. I'm just so sick of constantly living my life with acne. (just so you know: it's severe cystic acne that i've had for the past 7 years and i've tried A LOT of things, it got waaaay better a few years ago while I was on antibiotics and birth control)

MemberMember
(@banban)

Posted : 08/01/2016 12:54 am

Yeah androgens are the worst i just started taking saw palmetto and dchiro inositol hoping for the best still early days. I dont want to go back to the pill either made me feel gross

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 08/01/2016 10:13 am

On 7/29/2016 at 0:57 PM, ChillySunny said:
I did take Zinc for long time, but I don't feel like it made any difference. Maybe I can give it another shot.
Now I'm just taking probiotics and vitamin C along with DIM.

I'm seriously considering to take a birth control pill though, despite the side effects and everything. I'm just so sick of constantly living my life with acne. (just so you know: it's severe cystic acne that i've had for the past 7 years and i've tried A LOT of things, it got waaaay better a few years ago while I was on antibiotics and birth control)

what birth control have you tried?

9 hours ago, banban said:

Yeah androgens are the worst i just started taking saw palmetto and dchiro inositol hoping for the best still early days. I dont want to go back to the pill either made me feel gross

which pill was it? I've tried many, but yaz andorthocyclen I've felt best on and helped my skin.

MemberMember
(@chillysunny)

Posted : 08/01/2016 1:50 pm

3 hours ago, snarkygirl said:
what birth control have you tried?

I took the Diane 35 for 6 months or so, but I got extreme headache, and I didn't feel well in general, so I switched to the Yasmin.
From what I remember they both helped at the time, but I felt like I was destroying my body.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 08/01/2016 2:08 pm

15 minutes ago, ChillySunny said:
I took the Diane 35 for 6 months or so, but I got extreme headache, and I didn't feel well in general, so I switched to the Yasmin.
From what I remember they both helped at the time, but I felt like I was destroying my body.

thats normal. I'm one of the weirdos who feels better on birth control.
Orthocyclen didn't give me any side effects( that's just me) but Yaz made my boobs swell, my libido lower and I hardly ever have a period. These don't really bother me though

MemberMember
(@banban)

Posted : 08/02/2016 12:31 pm

22 hours ago, snarkygirl said:
Orthocyclen didn't give me any side effects( that's just me) but Yaz made my boobs swell, my libido lower and I hardly ever have a period. These don't really bother me though

the pill made me chubby and slow. Did absolutely nothing for acne and was still oily as ever. Plus after having my first child i don't wanna go through that process again of going off it and then the hormones go crazy etc etc its such a hassle. Ive tried diane and yasmin i think estelle or something too.. i forgot what theyre called bt yeah never felt right. Now at least im lighter bt sucks i gotta deal with the acne

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 08/02/2016 2:30 pm

1 hour ago, banban said:
On 8/1/2016 at 3:08 PM, snarkygirl said:

the pill made me chubby and slow. Did absolutely nothing for acne and was still oily as ever. Plus after having my first child i don't wanna go through that process again of going off it and then the hormones go crazy etc etc its such a hassle. Ive tried diane and yasmin i think estelle or something too.. i forgot what theyre called bt yeah never felt right. Now at least im lighter bt sucks i gotta deal with the acne

hormones suck don't they?

MemberMember
(@chillysunny)

Posted : 08/03/2016 7:09 am

On 1-8-2016 at 7:54 AM, banban said:

Have you already noticed some changes in your skin? I'm considering saw palmetto as well.

MemberMember
(@banban)

Posted : 08/03/2016 8:27 am

1 hour ago, ChillySunny said:
On 01/08/2016 at 1:54 PM, banban said:

Have you already noticed some changes in your skin? I'm considering saw palmetto as well.

honestly its still early days my face has js recently settled down from my last outburst which lasted a month, at the moment everything seems to be flat at least but i wouldn't say it's the saw palmetto maybe my hormones are settling. Still waiting on my period atm my cycles are like 40 to 50 days

MemberMember
(@chillysunny)

Posted : 08/04/2016 6:07 am

Update: I'm still on DIM, even though I feel like it's making my acne worse, I want to check for the full 2 months to see if it's going to work or not.
Since yesterday I'm also taking psyllium husk everyday to help with my digestion and hopefully blood sugar. I'm also on homeopathic therapy and he said (with confidence) that my acne will clear up in about two weeks from now. FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@alexanderboy)

Posted : 08/04/2016 6:10 am

I got smaller pores from Estroblock but it didn't healed my acne :/

MemberMember
(@chillysunny)

Posted : 08/04/2016 8:13 am

2 hours ago, alexanderboy said:

I got smaller pores from Estroblock but it didn't healed my acne :/

:( Did it got worse? And how long did you took it? 

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 08/06/2016 9:01 am

I just wanna throw this out that, are you all taking zinc?

MemberMember
(@chillysunny)

Posted : 08/09/2016 5:29 am

On 6-8-2016 at 4:01 PM, snarkygirl said:

I just wanna throw this out that, are you all taking zinc?

I started taking zinc again today. Turns out that the regular dose that I took was way too low, maybe that explains why it wasn't working.