Notifications
Clear all

Is my regimen healthy?

MemberMember
(@swiftwoof)

Posted : 07/27/2016 11:07 pm

So I have recently been following the
Korean skincare routine because it had proved effective for most of my friends.
It starts with cleanser, toner, then I put on salicylic acid (2%) across my face, then a strong benzoyl peroxide cream on
acne prone areas, and to top it all off I moisturizer at the end. I also use a facial brush in the cleansing process to
exfoliate occasionally. Am I doing anything wrong?

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 07/28/2016 7:42 am

Everything sounds good to me except for the salicylic acid & benzoyl peroxide part. I don't think it's necessary to use them both - most people just pick one as to not over-treat the skin. Using both might irritate your skin and cause excessive dryness.

Swiftwoof liked
MemberMember
(@banban)

Posted : 08/01/2016 12:59 am

Having a long regimen is so difficult to keep up especially when you cant see improvement. Now days i just use warm water and micellar water to wash my face. Then a spray toner (im so lazy) and only properly wash my face if i use makeup. For treatment i use tretinoin at night

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 08/01/2016 10:12 am

9 hours ago, banban said:

Having a long regimen is so difficult to keep up especially when you cant see improvement. Now days i just use warm water and micellar water to wash my face. Then a spray toner (im so lazy) and only properly wash my face if i use makeup. For treatment i use tretinoin at night

for me, less is better. I use oatmeal or just water to cleanse.
What is micellar water, exactly?

MemberMember
(@banban)

Posted : 08/02/2016 12:37 pm

On 01/08/2016 at 11:12 PM, snarkygirl said:

its water that has molecules in it that attracts dirt and oil its different from a toner or makeup remover but can be used as either! Its great for me cause im lazy (cant be bothered buying multiple products) you should try it thyre pretty cheap to buy

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 08/02/2016 2:29 pm

1 hour ago, banban said:
On 8/1/2016 at 11:12 AM, snarkygirl said:

its water that has molecules in it that attracts dirt and oil its different from a toner or makeup remover but can be used as either! Its great for me cause im lazy (cant be bothered buying multiple products) you should try it thyre pretty cheap to buy

sounds good. I'm lazy too!