Notifications
Clear all

Endless loop of hell

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 07/27/2016 3:07 pm

I consult with a plastic surgeon and he tells me I need another scar exicision.

i consult with a derm and he tells me surgery will make it worse and create more scar tissue and that I need an ablative laser and that microneedling won't help.

I consult with a nurse and she tells me that microneedling will help, potentially up to 50% but can't tell me how many sessions, it's all based on my skins response.

i talk to another plastic surgeon who refuses to do additional surgery and sends me to his esthetician, whos microneedling with prp costs more than a surgical scar revision.

I talk to another derm. He tells me subcision and filler. Then this same derm calls me up s few months later telling me now to microneedle (because he just bought his new expensive infini machine)

I keep trying numerous procedures with NO improvement.

folks, welcome to my endless loop of hell.

MemberMember
(@skinskinskinskinskinskinskin)

Posted : 07/27/2016 3:22 pm

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 07/27/2016 3:26 pm

2 minutes ago, SKINSKINSKINSKINSKINSKINSKIN said:

Yes. It's fucking sick. I wish I could tell them all to kiss my ass but I cannot function in society like a normal person with my scar in its current state.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 07/27/2016 4:06 pm

What really fucks with my mind is that I've talked to at least 5 different surgeons who have said that if a bad scar is excised and stitched correctly (deep sutures with no tension on the wound andeverted edges) it will not widen and heal depressed. But I just can't see how this could be true for every scar. In fact, I knowthat this is complete total bullshit because my scar exicisionwas stitched with these supposed superiortechniques.Then when I bring this pointup, the same response I get is"istitch differently than most other surgeons".

Is there some hidden playbook that these doctors are using to promote their practice? It makes me wonder if they get specially trained to have these bogus consulations. Its like its required for them to get a bs degree (bullshit) along with their md.

It's appalling that so many of them have the same pathetic lines and that this industry isn't more heavily regulated. I image a similar song and dance is played out during an acne scarring consulation forlasers.

I feel like imdealing with used car salesmen and I have no choice because it's my quality of life on the line.

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 07/28/2016 2:14 pm

F*ck, I hear you. Bullsh*t after bullsh*t...don't they realize they're playing with peoples emotions?

Don't bother with microneedling. I spent about $3,000 on it for zero results. Re-excised a scar and made it much worse.Tried filler and it made the area look awful.

The only thing I got any improvement with was a spot Co2 laser treatment. Only did one but I'm going again in Oct.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)
MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 07/28/2016 8:36 pm

What procedures have you tried? Pls don't mention any laser.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 07/28/2016 8:39 pm

On July 28, 2016 at 6:36 PM, Robertitoo said:

What procedures have you tried? Pls don't mention any laser.

Scar exicision
filler
erbium laser (1 treatment)

im scheduled for microneedling next week

but how do you treat something this bad?

MemberMember
(@equippedjar)

Posted : 07/28/2016 8:58 pm

18 minutes ago, scarredandsad34 said:
Scar exicision 
filler

image.jpg

Is that a hypertrophic scar?

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 07/28/2016 9:43 pm

No. It's actually depressed and sunken in. The skin was just severely damaged and mismatched so that's why it's so ropy and uneven.

MemberMember
(@somethingsomethingagain)

Posted : 07/29/2016 8:23 am

I had never seen a pic of your scar with such definition. If it was me I'd definitely get a new scar excision. The suture clearly healed poorly and you should go to that doctor who said he'd do the stitching differently. I imagine needling won't do much for you and even if it did you'd have to have at least 10 sessions if not more. Really, my scars aren't even the most suited for excision and I'd go for it in a minute if I had just one. The reason I don't do it is because I'd have to excise the whole skin from my cheek bones and chin  in your case though it's the most logical treatment, for the superficial irregularity at least, then, if it's still a little bit indented and you can't live with it have some filler. Like you have before, but you should definitely give it another try.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 07/29/2016 11:30 am

Y

3 hours ago, somethingsomethingagain said:

I had never seen a pic of your scar with such definition. If it was me I'd definitely get a new scar excision. The suture clearly healed poorly and you should go to that doctor who said he'd do the stitching differently. I imagine needling won't do much for you and even if it did you'd have to have at least 10 sessions if not more. Really, my scars aren't even the most suited for excision and I'd go for it in a minute if I had just one. The reason I don't do it is because I'd have to excise the whole skin from my cheek bones and chin  in your case though it's the most logical treatment, for the superficial irregularity at least, then, if it's still a little bit indented and you can't live with it have some filler. Like you have before, but you should definitely give it another try.

Yeah it looks like total shit.  The problem is two plastic surgery repairs have led to the same looking scar. I'm scared my skin is just too thin and stretchy, and that's why it keeps stretching back out. And it seems like only the shady doctors with bad reviews or little experience will do another scar exicision. The credible ones won't touch it.

MemberMember
(@happyscar)

Posted : 07/29/2016 11:16 pm

On 28 July 2016 at 4:07 AM, scarredandsad34 said:

I consult with a plastic surgeon and he tells me I need another scar exicision.

i consult with a derm and he tells me surgery will make it worse and create more scar tissue and that I need an ablative laser and that microneedling won't help.

I consult with a nurse and she tells me that microneedling will help, potentially up to 50% but can't tell me how many sessions, it's all based on my skins response.

i talk to another plastic surgeon who refuses to do additional surgery and sends me to his esthetician, whos microneedling with prp costs more than a surgical scar revision.

I talk to another derm. He tells me subcision and filler. Then this same derm calls me up s few months later telling me now to microneedle (because he just bought his new expensive infini machine)

I keep trying numerous procedures with NO improvement.

folks, welcome to my endless loop of hell.

Stop all the treatment, most surgeon only dare commit 10% improvement with all the laser procedure, subcisiom and other ineffective treatment to suck our pocket dry. Been there and done it all.

Read my post on dermaflage ..... Sad to say .... It is the only thing that work for me

Here is the link

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/349496-dermaflage-work-for-my-bad-acne-scarring/

trust me when I say I have tried it all ....

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 07/30/2016 12:41 am

1 hour ago, HappyScar said:
Stop all the treatment, most surgeon only dare commit 10% improvement with all the laser procedure, subcisiom and other ineffective treatment to suck our pocket dry. Been there and done it all.

Read my post on dermaflage ..... Sad to say .... It is the only thing that work for me

Here is the link

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/349496-dermaflage-work-for-my-bad-acne-scarring/

trust me when I say I have tried it all ....

Have you seen how bad my scar is? I tried Dermaflage and it will not work for my scar since its like a giant deep wrinkle that contracts when my forehead moves.

I guess I'm fucking screwed.

MemberMember
(@happyscar)

Posted : 07/30/2016 1:44 am

the scar seem protuding but yet indented at the edges .... Seem possible to cover with dermaflage ..... But I cannotadvise until I see more pics

I might know how to apply if see more pic or u in real life

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 07/30/2016 3:07 pm

13 hours ago, HappyScar said:

the scar seem protuding but yet indented at the edges .... Seem possible to cover with dermaflage ..... But I cannotadvise until I see more pics

I might know how to apply if see more pic or u in real life

It won't work. I went to a professional makeup artist, one that uses stage makeup and Dermaflage for theatrical performances and he couldn't even get Dermaflage to work.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 08/07/2016 11:19 am

I want to get my filler dissolved. I think it look like shit. But I've read that there are can be complications with the dissolving agent causing atrophy of natural tissues. Does anyone have experience with this?

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 08/07/2016 11:40 am

I don't know what else to do to treat my scar! Everything I've tried has failed to yield improvement. I've lost all hope and have fallen into the deepest and darkest depression. If I had a treatment plan with goals and some sort of positive prognosis, I would try to fight and have a better attitude. But I have nothing. I've just been scrambling around like a chicken with its head cut off bouncing around from doctor to doctor and researching skin treatments 12 hours a day with no progress. My life has been like this for 16 months now. This is HELL on earth. It's over for me :( 

MemberMember
(@pct14)

Posted : 08/07/2016 11:56 am

How long ago did you get the filler? Might be best to just let it absorb naturally.

Most people do not see improvement from one needling session, those that do are generally just seeing short term swelling, so I don't think you can consider this treatment a failure. Still, I doubt needling will get close to the results you are looking for on it own, you will need other treatments as well.

MemberMember
(@scarredandsad34)

Posted : 08/07/2016 12:15 pm

12 minutes ago, PCT14 said:

How long ago did you get the filler? Might be best to just let it absorb naturally.

Most people do not see improvement from one needling session, those that do are generally just seeing short term swelling, so I don't think you can consider this treatment a failure. Still, I doubt needling will get close to the results you are looking for on it own, you will need other treatments as well.

The filler has been in there for almost 5 months. But I read that it can last up to 2 years. So is there a risk for using the dissolving agent?

I get that about needling and wasn't expecting overnight results. But I'm also realizing that needling will not get me close to the results that I'm looking for and that the doctors/nurses are lying to me when they tell me that only several treatments should work. That's why I'm freaking out.

The only other things that I have been offered are Fraxel repair, subcision, or another scar excision, but by questionable doctors.

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 08/07/2016 5:37 pm

What about dermasanding? Its derm abrasion but with sandpaper...less severe, less risk for complications (or so I've read).

MemberMember
(@taurus_girl)

Posted : 08/08/2016 10:49 am

On 7/28/2016 at 6:39 PM, scarredandsad34 said:
Scar exicision 
filler

image.jpg
Is that a hypertrophic scar?

What type of scars do you have?