Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nikkix3

how severe is my acne? also what kind of acne is it?

I'm starting tazorac tonight. how bad is my skin? any advice on how to properly use tazorac and anything else that can help with my skin? thanks.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I would say your acne is moderate. But moderate acne can look severe if you give it too much time because of all the redness from every pimple that comes and goes. Tazorac is a medicine that has a vitamin A derivative as its active ingredient. Ive been using a cream recently that is practically the same thing, tretinoin .1%. It will make your skin dry at first and you might break out a little at the start(I hope this doesnt happen to you). Eventually it should clear you up and improve the overall quality of your skin.

Edited by acne scar obsession

I used something similar to tazorac and it worked well but I eventually decided with Accutane. Be sure to moisturize because the cream is very drying. Your acne appears to be moderate. You have very pretty eyes!

Edited by Diamond98

Moderate. 

Start slow with tazorac, for the first couple weeks use it every third evening and wait 30 minutes after washing your face to apply and then moisturise after - this is important. After 2 weeks use it every second night and when you feel ready and your skin can handle it use it nightly. 

You will peel and your skin will get drier and honestly you will most likely  experience a worsening of your acne but don't lose faith,  that's a necessary process with ALL retinoids.

Give it at least 12 weeks before giving up. Good luck.  

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/316648-using-tazorac-limiting-purging/

I used to use tazorac. Stopped because I thought it was causing my hair loss. (it wasn't. :\) But I wrote this post up about how I used it and some issues I had. If you live in a place with harsh winters, I would get some really moisturizing lotion. When I moved to the midwest, I ended up having to use vaseline before stepping out.  Edited by skinnie

Followed! My skin looks a little worse than you, but we seem to have the same type of acne. I started Tazorac a week ago and all though I have not seen any results yet, I  hear that it takes about 6 weeks to notice an impact.

On July 27, 2016 at 2:55 PM, nikkix3 said:

I'm starting tazorac tonight. how bad is my skin? any advice on how to properly use tazorac and anything else that can help with my skin? thanks.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You're attractive. Your acne looks similar to how mine did 3 or 4 years ago. it looks like you have red marks that make it look worse, that's how mine was. I would have more red marks than active acne. It will get better for you.