Notifications
Clear all

ANTIBIOTICS FOR ACNE?

MemberMember
(@honeyhon)

Posted : 07/27/2016 8:08 am

CAN USING TOPICAL ANTIBIOTICS LIKE CLINDAMYCIN FOR 2-3 WEEKS BE OK?
I MEAN WILL P.ACNES GET RESISTANCE TO IT IN ABOUT 3 WEEKS?
I AM SORRY IF ITS A STUPID QUESTION BUT HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR THE P.ACNES TO BECOME RESISTANT TO TOPICAL ANTIBIOTICS...
ACTUALLY I'VE READ MANY REVIEWS OF CLINDAMYCIN WHERE PPL GET DOUBLE THE AMOUNT OF ACNE THEY USED TO HAVE AFTER USING ANTIBIOTICS..... I DONT WANT TO SUFFER WHOLE MY LIFE AFTER GETTING CLEAR SKIN FOR JUST 2-3 MONTHS...
ALSO, I ALWAYS BLVD IN HOME REMEDIES AND NEVER ON THESE CHEMICALS SO I AM QUITE AFRAID OF USING THIS...
BTW MY PROBLEM IS CLOGGED PORES AND FEW PUSTULES AFTER THE CLOGGED PORES GET INFLAMED....
PLZ HELPPPP!!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@honeyhon)

Posted : 08/01/2016 4:14 am

no one ready to help?

MemberMember
(@gman2)

Posted : 08/01/2016 9:40 am

I took two types of oral antibiotics. Both cleared me up about 80% but I saw my acne come back significantly worse about 5 months after starting each one. Luckily Accutane was able to finish the job for me tho. After two failed antibiotics and multiple topicals I was running out of options.

honeyhon liked
MemberMember
(@honeyhon)

Posted : 08/06/2016 1:05 am

On 8/1/2016 at 8:10 PM, gman2 said:

I took two types of oral antibiotics. Both cleared me up about 80% but I saw my acne come back significantly worse about 5 months after starting each one. Luckily Accutane was able to finish the job for me tho. After two failed antibiotics and multiple topicals I was running out of options.

does antibiotics help with blackheads?
it seems to be wrking for my whiteheads but not the blackheads

MemberMember
(@umas)

Posted : 08/06/2016 7:28 am

Topical antibiotics can help with whiteheads, but also you need something else to deal with blackheads. Some topical retinoid would be good. Topicals are very safe in comparision to oral treatments

honeyhon liked
MemberMember
(@silverlight22)

Posted : 08/22/2016 6:57 pm

On 27/07/2016 at 9:08 AM, honeyhon said:

CAN USING TOPICAL ANTIBIOTICS LIKE CLINDAMYCIN FOR 2-3 WEEKS BE OK?
I MEAN WILL P.ACNES GET RESISTANCE TO IT IN ABOUT 3 WEEKS?
I AM SORRY IF ITS A STUPID QUESTION BUT HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR THE P.ACNES TO BECOME RESISTANT TO TOPICAL ANTIBIOTICS...
ACTUALLY I'VE READ MANY REVIEWS OF CLINDAMYCIN WHERE PPL GET DOUBLE THE AMOUNT OF ACNE THEY USED TO HAVE AFTER USING ANTIBIOTICS..... I DONT WANT TO SUFFER WHOLE MY LIFE AFTER GETTING CLEAR SKIN FOR JUST 2-3 MONTHS...
ALSO, I ALWAYS BLVD IN HOME REMEDIES AND NEVER ON THESE CHEMICALS SO I AM QUITE AFRAID OF USING THIS...
BTW MY PROBLEM IS CLOGGED PORES AND FEW PUSTULES AFTER THE CLOGGED PORES GET INFLAMED....
PLZ HELPPPP!!!!!!!

Hey. To be honest, yes the antibiotics will clear you up but only for a few months. A lot of people become resistant to it. I became resistant to doxycyline in 8 months. I tried stopping doxycycline once but my acne came back worse than before. Then after I became resistant, i switched to minocycline and became resistant to that in 5months. My acne came back much worse.

Take my advice and please please stay away from antibiotics. Message me if you have more questions.

honeyhon liked
MemberMember
(@honeyhon)

Posted : 08/23/2016 11:04 am

16 hours ago, silverlight22 said:
Hey. To be honest, yes the antibiotics will clear you up but only for a few months. A lot of people become resistant to it. I became resistant to doxycyline in 8 months. I tried stopping doxycycline once but my acne came back worse than before. Then after I became resistant, i switched to minocycline and became resistant to that in 5months. My acne came back much worse. 

Take my advice and please please stay away from antibiotics. Message me if you have more questions.

thank you so much for your advice... :) and i have already stopped taking it after reading reviews of many people in this forum who became resistant...
again thanks :)