Notifications
Clear all

Bumps and Acne Only on the Forehead?!

MemberMember
(@lb002)

Posted : 07/26/2016 9:52 am

Ever since the winter time 2015-2016, my forehead has been forming these bumps and acne, and only my forehead. The rest of my face is clear and pretty, but my forehead looks pretty awful. It's not severe acne, but the small, colorless bumps on my face cause it to be rough. Sometimes, when I squeeze these bumps (I know which isn't good to do), there will be long squiggly worm-like pus (I know, gross) that comes out. So I am sure it's some form of acne. Right now, I'm suffering a breakout, which makes it look even more bumpy and worse. If I'm not broken out, it doesn't look too bad, but the bumps are still there. I try not to squeeze them as I do not want to irritate my face any further. Recently, I've been cleaning up my diet and getting more sleep to see if that would improve my complexion, so hopefully that may do me some good soon. If I attempt to cover it with makeup, it actually enhances these bumps even more. I've seen a dermatologist, and he's prescribed me minocycline as an antibiotic, and also differin and soolantra as topicals. It's been 3 months and I haven't seen much improvement. I'm only 15 and it's taken a toll on my confidence and makes me extremely self conscious when I go out. The pictures show what it looks like with(taken July 26) and without(taken the evening before) makeup. Without, my breakout is clearly more red, but the small colorless bumps are not as prominent. With makeup, the redness is lessened (and some of the zits were pretty much unconcealable) but the bumps were much more noticible. I just want to understand what this is on my forehead and why it's happening!image.jpegimage.jpeg

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 07/26/2016 11:06 am

Looks like normal teenage acne to me. Your lucky it's only on your forehead. I'm not sure what else you could try before giving isotretinoin a shot.

Isotretinoin is the medicine one takes for severe acne or acne that no other medicine works on. Some people have negative side effects but its all that works for most that take it. It works by impairing your oil glands, dramatically reducing sebum production.

Your acne isn't severe, it's actually pretty mild but I understand how it could bother you, especially since it just won't go way.

MemberMember
(@lb002)

Posted : 07/27/2016 1:23 pm

On 7/26/2016 at 11:06 AM, acne scar obsession said:
Looks like normal teenage acne to me. Your lucky it's only on your forehead. I'm not sure what else you could try before giving isotretinoin a shot.

Isotretinoin is the medicine one takes for severe acne or acne that no other medicine works on. Some people have negative side effects but its all that works for most that take it. It works by impairing your oil glands, dramatically reducing sebum production.

Your acne isn't severe, it's actually pretty mild but I understand how it could bother you, especially since it just won't go way.

Yeah, I understand it's just teenage acne, and is mild. I am grateful it's not affecting other parts of my face. My next dermatologistappointment is in around 3 months, so if it hasn't improved in those months I'll ask about stronger treatment.

I do have knowledge about isotretinoin and it's effects,anddo not thinkmy acne is that severe for the treatment, and I wonder if it would even be worth the side effects and initial breakout.

Because it's only affecting my forehead, there could possibly be some underlying reason or issue for it. I'd never dealt with this sort of thing in middle school, and I had already started puberty by then. This may seem far fetched, but there could be a slight chance I have endometriosis, which causes bad menstrual cramps and nausea (which I have almost every time),AND can cause acne. Currently I am on my period, and I notice that during my period is when I have my worst breakouts. I also noticed as my cramps got worse, I started getting breakouts.

I'll give my minocycline some more time, and if it hasn't improved, I'll discuss other treatments with my dermatologist. I may even consult a doctor to see if I could have endo.

Thanks