Notifications
Clear all

Acne scars/pits/pores???

MemberMember
(@nabeeha)

Posted : 07/26/2016 12:25 am

Hello, I am 14 years old and I am on my last month of roaccutane. A little background info i've struggled with acne since I was in the 3rd grade(around the time I got period). My acne used to be very aggressive, but later on after puberty my hormones started to calm down a bit. I did have mild acne but it was persistent and I've tried every cream/face/antibiotic wash you name it. (Benzac,diffrin,zinryt,medcint,retnoids,vitamin a, etc) So that's why I decided to go on roaccutane. All my current pimples are gone but my skin texture is just horrible. I don't know what to do about it and it makes my self esteem drop. these are some sort of pits which I've had for a long time but are starting to appear more(maybe because of my old picking habits) I can't afford face peels or microdermabrasion since they're really pricy. Sorry if this is all a big ramble but I'm really concerned and need advice thank you.

image.png

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 07/27/2016 11:25 pm

Are you moisturizing daily? I found that moisturizing 3-4 times daily improved the overall texture of my skin.

MemberMember
(@nabeeha)

Posted : 07/29/2016 9:20 pm

On July 28, 2016 at 8:25 AM, Diamond98 said:

Are you moisturizing daily? I found that moisturizing 3-4 times daily improved the overall texture of my skin.

Yes, I moisturizer daily, and I use the cetaphil cream for chronic dry skin which is pretty huge duty.

MemberMember
(@diamond98)

Posted : 07/30/2016 12:27 am

3 hours ago, Nabeeha said:
On 7/27/2016 at 11:25 PM, Diamond98 said:

Yes, I moisturizer daily, and I use the cetaphil cream for chronic dry skin which is pretty huge duty.

My derm told me she has a steroid cream that helps with raw/dry skin, I haven't needed to use it yet but maybe if you ask your derm he/she might have something for you.