Notifications
Clear all

Horrific Customer Service Experience

MemberMember
(@boss8981)

Posted : 07/25/2016 8:21 pm

Hi,

First off, I'd like to say that I really do think Dan's regimen works and it really helped me through a particularly difficult break-out period in my life when I was in college. And that is why I write this complaint with some regret but I feel cheated and abused by the customer service folk at Acne.org.

The story: I recently started experiencing some adult acne and because the regimen works so well decided that I order some products from the site. I placed the order on my phone via my browser, input the correct billing address, and upon check-out was prompted to enter my login information because my email already existed in the system. I checked out, ~$125 was charged to my card, but then I didn't received a package for at least two weeks. Later I checked my email and realized that somehow my treatment had been mailed to an address that I hadn't lived at in over 8 years. What I learned after, was that despite entering in the correct information initially the website defaulted to my old address, from college, when I entered in my login information. Having ordered it on my phone, entered the information correctly the first time it didn't intuitively occur to me I should double-check the address before checking out. Upon reaching out to customer service I was told that my package had been delivered to the wrong address, without my signature, and they could only help me if it was returned to them. Kristel was extremely rude, didn't read my messages half the time, and treated me like a criminal who was trying to cheat Acne.org out of $125. She continuously insisted that it was my mistake but anyone who recreates the steps would have been in the same boat. It never occurred to her why I'd order to an address I used 8 years ago and when I live four hours away and the name on the credit is mine.

I am currently disputing the charge but had to post something because of how poorly I was treated by their customer service. This is a great product but I don't think I can support a business that treats customers so poorly, takes no blame, and refuses to find a solution for its customers.

-Abbas

AM777 and PotentVial liked
MemberMember
(@kristaj)

Posted : 01/05/2018 8:52 pm

The exact same thing just happen to me and I am currently dealing with this Kristel character. I will be disputing my charges as well.

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 01/06/2018 10:42 am

Hi KristaJ,

Thank you for letting us know of the issue. Kindly send us a message at support@acne.org and ask to talk to Ysabela to have the issue looked into for you. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

MemberMember
(@potentvial)

Posted : 01/14/2018 4:55 am

Absolutely atrocious 'CUSTOMER SERVICE', I have yet to receive a refund for products refused as there was an extra charge at the post office, for SHIPPING AND DUTIES, $80 worth!!!! I paid shipping when I put my order through, why on earth would I have to pay that again?!! I was informed that if I accepted the package by paying the fees, that I could dispute the fees later, but that the likelyhood of getting that money refunded was slim to none!!
I am furious, in the beginning I did hear back about the return, but of course since the package was out of my hands, I've heard nothing and they have my $200!!!!

Contact me ASAP, please!!! jwegren@shaw.ca

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/14/2018 9:43 am

4 hours ago, PotentVial said:

Absolutely atrocious 'CUSTOMER SERVICE', I have yet to receive a refund for products refused as there was an extra charge at the post office, for SHIPPING AND DUTIES, $80 worth!!!!  I paid shipping when I put my order through, why on earth would I have to pay that again?!!  I was informed that if I accepted the package by paying the fees, that I could dispute the fees later, but that the likelyhood of getting that money refunded was slim to none!!
I am furious, in the beginning I did hear back about the return, but of course since the package was out of my hands, I've heard nothing and they have my $200!!!!

Contact me ASAP, please!!! jwegren@shaw.ca

always understand your particular countrys import laws and charges with regards to buying outside of your country.
:)

MemberMember
(@potentvial)

Posted : 01/14/2018 2:36 pm

@Quadboy, I realize that sometimes duties are applied and need to be paid for on arrival of merchandise! But to be charged an extra $35 shipping fee, even though I already paid shipping to the Acne.org is absurd! I'm not here to dispute the duties. I'm complaining about there customer service, no one has contacted me even though I email them daily! Thanks