Notifications
Clear all

Possible tips/help for acne scars and daylight

MemberMember
(@anabsolutelegend)

Posted : 07/20/2016 4:39 pm

Hi there, this is my first post on the forum, although I've been reading through here for a couple years..

At the moment, I'm on my final month of Accutane to remove my cystic acne. The treatment has more or less worked it's job despite the redness and observable bumps/scars on my cheeks where the acne was most prominent. It has unfortunately left various bumps on my skin (almost like tiny holes over my cheeks) but nothing too deep as such.. As a teenager myself (18) I endure many activities outdoors, seeing as I'm on Summer holidays and I try to be as social as possible. My main problem is the damn sun.. It casts a horrible light on my face and sharpens my scars making them look horrendous. Evening times are fine but i dread being out with friends in daylight.. I get weird looks left right and center.

I won't lie when I say I try to cover my "blemishes" as best as possible.. I use a mineral powder for my cheeks that just hides the feint redness. It does however, nothing for the scars/bumps. I'm writing in this forum to ask realistically what is the best way or best concealable way (for a guy) to try and hide the scars somewhat? i'm not asking for a full face of makeup obviously but is there any temporary measure I can take? My face is killing my self esteem and my social life. The struggle is real. I am getting scar treatment after I finish up my last month on Accutane but as already stated those scars for now at least are my biggest downfall. And the goddamn sunlight.. Are there any suggestions to make me look better in front of people or do I gotta stick it out?

Thanks for reading any suggestions much appreciated!

MemberMember
(@paula-b-2)

Posted : 07/20/2016 7:57 pm

You should maybe take a look at this topic:
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/361161-scars-cover-up-tips-tricks/

Personally, I wear big round sunglasses during the day, and thankfully they cover the noticeable scars on my face. You said you have scars on the sides of your face too, but also in the center. This might help for those centered scars. Plus, sunglasses are cool and mysterious, I love mine :P.

MemberMember
(@anabsolutelegend)

Posted : 07/21/2016 8:43 am

12 hours ago, Paula B. said:

You should maybe take a look at this topic:
http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/361161-scars-cover-up-tips-tricks/

Personally, I wear big round sunglasses during the day, and thankfully they cover the noticeable scars on my face. You said you have scars on the sides of your face too, but also in the center. This might help for those centered scars. Plus, sunglasses are cool and mysterious, I love mine :P.

Thanks for advice! Will take a look at the topic :D