Notifications
Clear all

Help with my acne

MemberMember
(@msmall97)

Posted : 07/20/2016 8:37 am

Looking for some help with my acne, pictures of my acne and the products i use. Ive tried cutting dairy from diet it had not effect. I wash my face 2x a day in the shower then at night before bed. I drink lots of water and excersise regularly.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 07/20/2016 12:20 pm

Are you using any topicals? Like Benzoyl Peroxide or Salicylic Acid? What about any oral medications?If not, I would make an appointment for the dermatologist and they can prescribe you some stuff to help. It's a good place to start, especially if you are already being healthy and taking care of yourself.

I don't know anything about those washes specifically but they look like some pretty decent cleansers to me. Do you use moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@veganbat94)

Posted : 07/20/2016 12:52 pm

How long did you go without dairy? It's proven to be an acne aggravating food, so eating it can't be doing good.
You should only use a small amount of the cleansers, cleansers aren't effective in killing acne causing bacteria. The most effective topical treatment is benzoyl peroxide. I would suggest following "the regimen" from this site, which is using benzoyl peroxide cream or gel morning and night. You can find 2.5%-10% solution at any store, you should start with 2.5% to get your skin used to benzoyl peroxide. Let it dry off for 10 mins and use a moisturizer. You'll definitely see improvement.

MemberMember
(@msmall97)

Posted : 07/20/2016 3:14 pm

2 hours ago, kelbell812 said:

Are you using any topicals? Like Benzoyl Peroxide or Salicylic Acid? What about any oral medications?If not, I would make an appointment for the dermatologist and they can prescribe you some stuff to help. It's a good place to start, especially if you are already being healthy and taking care of yourself.

I don't know anything about those washes specifically but they look like some pretty decent cleansers to me. Do you use moisturizer?

I was given "Zineryt" by the doctor. It seems to help but causes dryness and redness of my face.

2 hours ago, veganbat94 said:

How long did you go without dairy? It's proven to be an acne aggravating food, so eating it can't be doing good.
You should only use a small amount of the cleansers, cleansers aren't effective in killing acne causing bacteria. The most effective topical treatment is benzoyl peroxide. I would suggest following "the regimen" from this site, which is using benzoyl peroxide cream or gel morning and night. You can find 2.5%-10% solution at any store, you should start with 2.5% to get your skin used to benzoyl peroxide. Let it dry off for 10 mins and use a moisturizer. You'll definitely see improvement.

A month without dairy. Okay thanks ill look into that.

MemberMember
(@kelbell812)

Posted : 07/21/2016 7:50 am

Topicals will almost always have that effect, especially at first. It's super important to moisturize, especially when using topicals. After you wash, moisturize your face and then wait a little bit so that it can fully absorb into your skin. Then apply the cream.

Also, start slow at first. If your doc said to apply it 1-2 times a day, start off with once a day until you get used to it. Or if your skin is very sensitive you can even do every other day at first.

Topical creams take time to work! You aren't going to see results in a day or even a week. Some can take weeks or a few months. I mean think about it, even accutane, the strongest acne drug on the market, can take 3-4 months to start seeing improvement. Also, it is normal for it to get a little worse before it gets better because it is bringing everything to the surface. Don't give up on it too quickly!

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 07/21/2016 8:43 am

Hey I agree with trying BP/SA.

However that looks like a perfect case for the Regimen. Many people have success on the regimen with cases like yours.