UK ACNE REGIMEN ISSUE

MemberMember
(@somberpassage)

Posted : 07/20/2016 7:19 am

Hi there.

MemberMember
(@contactmc)

Posted : 07/21/2016 6:36 pm

Dude...I am in the UK as well....took me years to find stuff that works. Right... Paulaschoice.co.uk you need the skin perfecting 2% bha liquid ... and then choose a moisturiser that suits your skin type...that's gonna be trial and error, I actually use their resist anti aging toner (it's kinda like milk and lightly moisturises).. I was also using their clinical anti redness formula which was nothing short of a mirical in regard to calming my skin down...but they just discontinued it (I am well pissed about this).
Anyway...i hope this helps...i spent hundreds of on various stuff and even imported dans stuff....paulas choice is the best...this stuff works for me...I still get the odd breakout...but my skin is 90% better since using this stuff....hardly ever get big cysts anymore.

Oh yeah....don't drink coffee....avoid dairy when possible....drink shit loads of water...and get somemicrofibre face cloths...don't wash them...when they get manky just bin em and use a fresh one. Don't use cleanser with them...just plain water while in the shower.

Last tip...don't squeeze unless you really have to...and then be ultra gentle...I ended up having to get some permanent red marks zapped with a laser on the bridge of my nose that were caused by me being too forceful when squeezing...best to let the spots come to a yellow head and then rub them with the microfibre cloth when in the shower...then let em drain naturally...just dabwith a clean tissue until they stop draining on there own.
Hope this helps...all the best.

MemberMember
(@somberpassage)

Posted : 07/21/2016 6:48 pm

On 7/22/2016 at 12:36 AM, CONTACTMC said:

coffee

MemberMember
(@contactmc)

Posted : 07/21/2016 6:58 pm

I am from London bro! Yeah just clean your face in the shower with a microfibre face cloth...no cleanser...just water and the cloth...only twice a day...morning and before bed...well that's what I do...if you over wash it strips your skin of its natural moisture barrier and can cause more break outs! Then dry your face gently...wait 5 mins..then put a very small amount of the skin perfecting liquid on your face and rub in gently...this stuff is strong...it seems expensive but 1bottle lasts me 6 months! Then wait another 5 mins for it to soak in...then use your moisturisers of choice...I use there resist anti aging toner as a moisturiser...its liquid and soaks in nice to an invisible finish (good for us lads). The skin perfecting liquid can be drying at first...and you maybreak out a little to begin with...but try and stick with it...it's just the bha getting into your pores and cleaning them out. If you start to get dry skin use the cetapil. Good luck bro!

Dunno about face wipes btw...if I was goingto a festival then I would just use bottles of water and a microfibre face cloth to wash with.

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 07/22/2016 3:11 pm

20 hours ago, CieranJoce said:
Wow  thanks man, means  a lot! i will give it a try. I am from Wales haha and you? I am going to Boadmasters in August... any tips n how to clean my face? i am only allowed to bring wet wipes. any specific wet wipes? i am allowed to bring moistoriser.

and i love my coffee!!

The answer you got above is OK, but not the best, so i'll try to give you something better.

Paulas choice can be fine for some skin types but i would not recommend it for you. Instead of using all those expensive BP cremes you should buy some uncoated Aspirin (500mg) to do weekly peelings. Aspirin contains acetyl salicsylicacid and is really effective and will benefit your skin more than PC products (i'm not a fan of her products of all, caused me huge breakouts so my opinion is based by that horrible experience) 

With your skins condition i would also get a prescription from your doctor with a gel containing Benzoyl Peroxide and an antibiotic. I use one called Clindoxyl, very effective.

So overall 2 things. Aspirin + antibiotic creme from your doctor = cheaper, better, quick results. (also rememeber a good moisturizer)

And moreover: eat probiotics to get the body more in balance, avoid milk. Coffee is not the best for the skin either. :) 

MemberMember
(@somberpassage)

Posted : 07/23/2016 4:40 pm

On 7/22/2016 at 12:58 AM, CONTACTMC said:

I am from London bro! Yeah just clean your face in the shower with a microfibre face cloth...no cleanser...just water and the cloth...only twice a day...morning and before bed...well that's what I do...if you over wash it strips your skin of its natural moisture barrier and can cause more break outs! Then dry your face gently...wait 5 mins..then put a very small amount of the skin perfecting liquid on your face and rub in gently...this stuff is strong...it seems expensive but 1 bottle lasts me 6 months! Then wait another 5 mins for it to soak in...then use your moisturisers of choice...I use there resist anti aging toner as a moisturiser...its liquid and soaks in nice to an invisible finish (good for us lads). The skin perfecting liquid can be drying at first...and you may break out a little to begin with...but try and stick with it...it's just the bha getting into your pores and cleaning them out. If you start to get dry skin use the cetapil. Good luck bro!

Dunno about face wipes btw...if I was going to a festival then I would just use bottles of water and a microfibre face cloth to wash with.

h. 

On 7/22/2016 at 9:11 PM, Alex9945 said:

The answer you got above is OK, but not the best, so i'll try to give you something better.

Paulas choice can be fine for some skin types but i would not recommend it for you. Instead of using all those expensive BP cremes you should buy some uncoated Aspirin (500mg) to do weekly peelings. Aspirin contains acetyl salicsylicacid and is really effective and will benefit your skin more than PC products (i'm not a fan of her products of all, caused me huge breakouts so my opinion is based by that horrible experience) 

With your skins condition i would also get a prescription from your doctor with a gel containing Benzoyl Peroxide and an antibiotic. I use one called Clindoxyl, very effective.

So overall 2 things. Aspirin + antibiotic creme from your doctor = cheaper, better, quick results. (also rememeber a good moisturizer)

And moreover: eat probiotics to get the body more in balance, avoid milk. Coffee is not the best for the skin either. :) 

Thank you 

MemberMember
(@alex9945)

Posted : 07/24/2016 3:08 am

10 hours ago, CieranJoce said:
Unlucky England!! Haha yeah okay thanks man. I'll have a look and do some research.  Thank you for your response. I will complete research on this topic. I do have a healthy and balanced diet (As said above) I also exercise which is also great for the skin. Once again I will complete research and make a final judgment call. I'm currently still using the Regimen with alternative products suggested by Dan.

Thank you. 

You can try to seach for aspirin mask on google and actually there are also reviews here on acne.org but it is up to you :) 

MemberMember
(@contactmc)

Posted : 07/24/2016 3:24 pm

None of paulas choice stuff has BP as far as I am aware...I found using dans bp far too drying, even with a shit load of moisturiser...my face was literally cracking. For years I used the clearasil total control range which had salicylic acid...but after they discontinued it I could not find anything else with salicylic acid that did not make my skin sore and angry....this was until I took a punt on the skin perfecting liquid from paulas choice...it does all the exfoliating goodness but does not piss my skin off. I find it the best for me as it's a liquid....my face does not like creams or lotions at all...if i put them on my face a few hours later I have what my wife calls shiny nose...lol....then by the end of the day I have breakouts. Same reason why I use paulas choice resist toner as a moisturiser....it's in liquid form.

I should add I have been through it with acne folks...I am 38 years old now and have suffered with acne on and off since my teens. I have been on accutane (well generic equivalent in the uk) ..had laser for bright red hyperpigmentation from me getting too harsh with sqweesing cysts ... and have literally spent thousands of trying various products.

MemberMember
(@shrewdbamboo)

Posted : 09/19/2016 12:59 pm

I recommend Acnecide (available OTC in Boots). It's 5% so you need to build up very gradually over time but it' the only BP product available in the UK (due to the EU banning a specific ingredient in most creams I believe).

MemberMember
(@truecoach)

Posted : 05/18/2018 3:28 pm

Hey,

I'm from the U.K. and have used the acne.org regime which has been great but not affordable. For the last 4 months have been using partial-alternatives, which have been amazing:

Cleanser: Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser - easily found in most drug stores
Day & Night: 2 pumps

Benzoyl Peroxide: Acne.org - only order 8 oz at a time (each order), choose the cheapest delivery option (everytime I've ordered, it comes within 1 week) otherwise you will get charged a custom fees.
Day & Night: 1-2 pumps

Moisturiser: CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion Fragrance Free - delivery is only 2.99(on lwww.luckyvitamin.com) but again order only 1 at a time otherwise you will be faced with custom charges - as is ships from the US.
Morning: 2 pumps with 3 drops of jojoba oil

AHA: Acne.org - only order 8 oz at a time (each order), choose the cheapest delivery option (everytime I've ordered, it comes within 1 week) otherwise you will get charged a custom fees.
Night: 1 pump at night with 1 pump of CeraVe and 4/5 drops of jojoba oil.

This has worked perfectly for me. Ive also noticed that cutting down on dairy has helped tremendously. Most of the cost comes from acne.org shipment but cant find anything better for the BP and AHA.