Acne on chin area o...

Notifications
Clear all

Acne on chin area only

MemberMember
(@allytay)

Posted : 07/20/2016 1:45 am

Hi guys,

This past year I started breaking out only on my chin. They are usually cysts and I may have 1 or two. They usually leave a scar, which really bums me at the moment. Any treatment ideas?

I'm 34 and never broke out in this area before. Any ideas why? Not sure if it's an age thing. I'm female.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@coolcat1)

Posted : 07/21/2016 12:34 pm

It sounds like hormonal acne. I suffer from that bad, and it started in my mid 20s.

A doctor or dermo can probably get you a prescription for a retanoid cream that will help prevent breakouts and reduce the pinkness left by old ones.

MemberMember
(@skindeeply)

Posted : 07/21/2016 1:50 pm

Whenever I hear someone say they are breaking out on their chin area only, the first thing I suggest is to start applying a triple antibiotic ointment (like Neosporin) to the inside of the nose 2-3 times a day and to keep your hands away from your nose (or if you do accidentally touch it, even to scratch, to immediately sanitize your hands). Our ears and nasal cavities are two spots in our bodies that naturally harborstaphylococcus aureus--some people are carriers for it and some become infected with it without even knowing. It can drip down your nasal cavity at night while you sleep and cause cyst-like boils on your chin area, and even when those pop, they can be easily re-infected if you touch the inside of your nose and then touch the area again. For those who are carrying the bacteria in their ears, they will have isolated breakouts along their jawline and neck area for the same reasons.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/2t2cpu/elimination_of_staphylococcus_aureus_from_my_nose/

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/21/2016 6:08 pm

4 hours ago, SkinDeeply said:

Whenever I hear someone say they are breaking out on their chin area only, the first thing I suggest is to start applying a triple antibiotic ointment (like Neosporin) to the inside of the nose 2-3 times a day and to keep your hands away from your nose (or if you do accidentally touch it, even to scratch, to immediately sanitize your hands). Our ears and nasal cavities are two spots in our bodies that naturally harborstaphylococcus aureus--some people are carriers for it and some become infected with it without even knowing. It can drip down your nasal cavity at night while you sleep and cause cyst-like boils on your chin area, and even when those pop, they can be easily re-infected if you touch the inside of your nose and then touch the area again. For those who are carrying the bacteria in their ears, they will have isolated breakouts along their jawline and neck area for the same reasons.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAddiction/comments/2t2cpu/elimination_of_staphylococcus_aureus_from_my_nose/

wow I never knew this was a thing

MemberMember
(@jabberwocky80)

Posted : 07/28/2016 11:49 pm

Sounds hormonal to me.  I take spironolactone to get rid of excess androgens (I had really oily skin and was prone to cysts) and am on Tri-Sprintec for my birth control.  I went to an endocrinologist who prescribed me metformin, which is used to control blood sugar (spikes in blood sugar messes with hormones which can equal acne).  After a full blood panel, I learned I'm deficient in zinc.  It can happen the older you get.  So I take that daily.  Zinc helps regulate hormones.  I started magnesium glycinate as well, since I was borderline low on that.  Talk with your gyno, general physician, and derm.  See what they think. :)