Notifications
Clear all

Dry Skin Foundation Recommendations?

MemberMember
(@kelxx)

Posted : 07/19/2016 3:44 pm

Hi all. I've been suffering from acne for 7 years and I'm looking for a foundation that hopefully won't make my breakouts worse. I'm sure that my acne is hormonal unfortunately so no amount of topical treatment will help it, it has to be helped through life style (and hopefully my new birth control? if I'm going to be on it I might as well make it one that has shown results for acne, right?) and diet from my understanding.

I've found that certain foundations will irritate and contribute to existing breakouts, so I'm looking for one that won't dry out my skin or worsen my current, BC switch breakout. I've tried most drugstore foundations (Maybelline Better Skin, Loreal Infallible, Maybelline Dewy and Smooth, Covergirl's typical dry skin stuff, Neutrogena Healthy Skin) and they all irritated my skin. For higher end, I've tried Clinique, Lorac, and Dermablend powder. The first two broke me out (Lorac's was particularly horrific and when I explained that to the nice makeup counter lady who helped me the first time, she admitted they had concerns with breakouts from that product before, so beware) and Dermablend, while I do really like it, is a little too dark and a little too drying.

I'm not naive enough to believe that any of them will be completely non-comedogenic, but hopefully nothing too horrible on the scale. I know a lot of products (Neutrogena included ... et tu?) advertise as non-comedogenic but really, they still use ingredients that can cause breakouts, so that's not the biggest concern I have.At this point, I'm just hoping someone will have a similar skin condition and a miracle product for me, lmao.

If you have concealer recommendations, I'd love to hear them as well, but that's not the biggest concern of mine.

Forgot to mention, my skin is very fair, very pink, and very dry.

MemberMember
(@giannarose24)

Posted : 07/22/2016 11:10 pm

I have pretty fair skin as well and it's combination but it has only gotten dry with the acne products I use. I've loved the maybelline bb cream for whatever reason it's one of the only products that never broke me out, perfect color match, and a nice buildable coverage and a very natural looking finish. Did you ever try using powder foundations? I only really use liquids for special occasions and wear powder foundations everyday from bare minerals, makeup forever, and the loreal powders. Only things that give me great coverage, doesn't clog my pores and surprisingly doesn't cling to my dry patches. The more liquids you use, the thinner the liquid, the more likely it would be able to seep into your pores and clog them. Mineral makeup just sits on the surface and doesn't seep into the skin because of the thicker particles