Notifications
Clear all

Rolling scar treatment (Pictures included)

MemberMember
(@theguy123)

Posted : 07/18/2016 4:02 pm

I finished accutane around 1 year ago and I was left with really bad red marks but they have mostly cleared up. But now I have noticed more of an uneven appearance on my cheeks. I have always known I have had rolling scars since I finished accutane but as the red marks have cleared up more, the more my rolling scars are showing and it's really getting me down. I hate looking at myself in the mirror because all I see is uneven texture especially in bad lighting. The only positive thing about this is that I have seen worst rolling scars on other people so it gives me hope that treatment for my scars may actually show improvement as my scars seem more mild than others. I have done tons of research of the past year about rolling scars but nothing I have tried have improved my scarring appearance. I used a dermaroller for six months and vitamin C for another six months (tablets and oil) but my appearance still didn't seem to improve. So does anyone have any suggestions as to what helps the appearance of rolling scars a lot. I'm willing to pay for some treatments as long as they aren't too expensive (e.g £400+). Thanks for any responses.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@theguy123)

Posted : 07/22/2016 5:08 am

Bump...

MemberMember
(@theguy123)

Posted : 11/23/2016 10:12 pm

Bump

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 11/26/2016 5:07 pm

Have you tried a TCA peel(s) - once a month on the scarred parts of your cheeks?
Retin A cream for cell turnoever (make sure your not using peels while using this, 1weekbreak)?
Microneedle alone will do nothing for fat loss.

Subcision and filler could be good for your scars.

Laser would be bad and make the scars bigger in size. Infini RF Microneedle is too expensive with your cost constraint but would also help, it' uses RF (you'd need a few).

MemberMember
(@theguy123)

Posted : 12/01/2016 12:01 pm

I haven't tried a TCA peel, would that be any good?

I think that subcision would be best because I think my scars are mainly rolling scars. How many treatments of subcision do you feel I will need?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/01/2016 12:35 pm

A few times 3-4 will give you a improvement. You will know after once how it works for you. But filler is over your set cost. So your only other option i vacuum and sometimes this does not work. I suggested TCA instead of laser as your scars are not deep / wide. Acid peels can be used like laser, just make sure to do a test spot first, start lower and raise the concentration (dilute with water to start). You will be hiding for a few days while you peel laser or acid and avoid the sun.

Watch this video, treatment is never once and done. She had constant treatment for a year and spent thousands on filler subcision and laser. In AUS they have insurance cover some of this.