Notifications
Clear all

Advice on my specific situation

MemberMember
(@groyce)

Posted : 07/15/2016 9:35 pm

I had really clear skin all my life until a few years ago I started having really bad break outs which left lots of hyper pigmentation and a few scars on my face, especially the right side. Does anyone have any advice on how to get my clear skin back? Or is the damage too severe at this point? All advice and comments are appreciate, thank you. Also the texture of my skin is a lot more rough than it used to be.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 07/16/2016 10:03 pm

Doesn't look bad at all bro, not even the slightest bit severe. You're still breaking out though, so before you treat the marks, you need to treat the acne. Otherwise new acne will continue to form and cause more marks afterwards.

I'd get on a simple skincare routine if I were you. A simple cleanse & moisturize might work, but I found it pretty useless for persistent acne. I had to go to a dermatologist to really get my skin under control.

MemberMember
(@groyce)

Posted : 07/17/2016 12:37 am

Thank you I appreciate the feedback! I forgot to mention I am on my second month of accutane and it seems to have slowed down my breakouts. But I was more curious on what I can do to treat my discoloration and blotchy skin tone, especially on the right side of my face. Also if there is a way to smoothen my skin because it is a rough texture probably from fading acne and scars.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 07/17/2016 7:51 pm

19 hours ago, Groyce said:

Thank you I appreciate the feedback! I forgot to mention I am on my second month of accutane and it seems to have slowed down my breakouts. But I was more curious on what I can do to treat my discoloration and blotchy skin tone, especially on the right side of my face. Also if there is a way to smoothen my skin because it is a rough texture probably from fading acne and scars.

Accutane will take care of all of that man, just be patient. Blotchy skin is quite normal on accutane, and the discoloration should fade faster on accutane as it is increasing skin turnover. I guarantee you that at the end of your course, you'll barely have any marks to notice.