Notifications
Clear all

Topical Treatments for Skin Texture and Large Pores?

MemberMember
(@kkontor)

Posted : 07/15/2016 8:22 pm

Alright, so I promise my skin didn't look like this before I started using retin-a. I'm normally a pretty confident person but this is terrible. My skin texture is like an orange: shiny and my pores are almost open everywhere. I stopped retin-a today after taking it for 8 months. Is there any hope for my skin? The pock marks, open pores, and scarred pores? What kind of treatments are available and most effective? This is seriously killing my self esteem. And anyone know how to get rid of the shiny/ texture effect of the retin-a? I wish I could go back and not even have used it. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@dontcrybaby)

Posted : 07/30/2016 4:30 pm

The same thing happened to me after Accutane treatment! Anyone knows how to cure orange peel texture caused by usingretinoids?

MemberMember
(@brokenporecelain)

Posted : 10/26/2016 8:54 pm

Hey, any update?
I had a similarthing happen, only after two uses!
You can check out my post "tazorac destroyed my face" if you want to see what I'm dealing with...I REALLY hope you come back on here and let us know how it's going because this is HELL.

MemberMember
(@brokenporecelain)

Posted : 11/07/2016 9:46 pm

Would love an update to know how you are doing!!

MemberMember
(@cynthia-chadwick)

Posted : 11/08/2016 4:09 am

A few methods exist today that might help you:

Cortisone and Fade Creams

With a new scar that is left after the whitehead has gone, your skin might be swollen around it. If it is red and swollen, use a cortisone cream to help reduce the inflammation. Cortisone creams and lotions can be bought from most drugstores without the need for a prescription.

Secondly youll wan to focus on lightening any dark areas left from the acne scar.

Look for the following ingredients in any skin lightener cream:
Kojic acid is a natural skin lightener derived from mushroom extract and is a good substitute for Hydroquinone, as Hydroquinone has been rumoured to cause irritation adn quite possibly cancer.
Other good options for skin lighteners are Arbutin, aka bearberry extract, and vitamin C.

Laser and Filler Treatments

However in the case your scars do no fade away on their own, you might have to pay a visit to a dermatologist. They will most likely provide you one of two options: either laser therapy or filler therapy.

In one to three sessions, depending on how severe your condition is, laser skin resurfacing using fractionated laser technology can even out the skin surface and increase and stimulate the formation of new collagen. Collagen is a protein that's a building block of the skin. The new collagen can help fill in acne scars.

Ablative lasers vaporize your scar, allowing smoother skin to take its place. Non-ablative lasers help activate the production of collagen without damaging the surface of your skin.

Filler injections can help fill in the indentations left behind from deep acne scars, but the downside to fillers is that they need to be repeated every 4 to 6 months, as the product reabsorbs into the skin over time.

Patience

Unfortunately all these options require one thing above all: patience!
Usually a few weeks after you break out and scar, new blood vessels move into the injured area to give nourishment to the skin, which is why most early scars look pink.

Months later, collagen will start to form, filling in the injured section of skin and it should fade out.

Unfortunately in the case of cystic acne, the acne destroys skin and fat and it can take up to a year for the scars to fade.

In addition to seeking treatment its also important to stay out of the sun as much as possible as UV radiation causes the scars to darken and actually slows down the healing process. In the same way your body reacts to sunlight by producing a tan, in scar tissue this can lead to discoloration with your normal skintone, making scars even more prominent. So make sure to lather up the sunscreen when going outside!

Also dont pick and squeeze your scars as you might inadvertently introduce bacteria and other impurities to the healing skin.

And lastly do not put Vitamin E on the scars. This is just an urban myth. Studies have shown that in 90% of cases where people put Vitamin E on their scars it had no effect/made it worse. In 33% of cases even people developed contact dermatitis (further inflammation of the skin).

So depending on your individual case these are roughly the options laid out for you!

--------------------------------------

Aylia liked
MemberMember
(@brokenporecelain)

Posted : 11/28/2016 4:05 am

Kkontor...sorry I keep posting on here but I'm just really hoping you will reply when you see this, just let us all know how thing are doing and if this went away

MemberMember
(@yola4)

Posted : 08/18/2017 7:29 am

Yes, please update us. I am going through something similar from 2 months of Retin A usage so I understand what it does to your self esteem. An update would be great. And I'm not sure what that one post is all about....scars? This is Retin a damage not scars.

MemberMember
(@brokenporecelain)

Posted : 08/18/2017 1:07 pm

5 hours ago, Yola4 said:

Yes, please update us. I am going through something similar from 2 months of Retin A usage so I understand what it does to your self esteem. An update would be great. And I'm not sure what that one post is all about....scars? This is Retin a damage not scars.

Ive seen a few posts like that on other threads, like general information, walking wiki-how's. I think I even have one on mine, it is usually not even related to the subject of the thread. Not sure what that's all about. It's almost like spam. Copied and pasted again and again on other threads.
Idk tho, not to offend the user, but maybe they WERE just trying to help because OP used the terms "scarred pores and pockmarks" but when ever I see replies like that, I just take is as spam.

MemberMember
(@missy-m)

Posted : 02/27/2019 2:09 pm

I signed up to this site just to let people know that I have discovered a solution for orange peel, damaged skin. I have discovered a line called Osmosis and there are 3 star products that have completely transformed my skin. They are: Rescue, Catalyst Plus and Clear Plus, which is the activating mist for these products (they work in synergy and the Clear Plus drives them deeper into the skin).

My skin was extremely inflamed, I had enlarged pore texture for about a year and it was generally just awful. These products feed the skin. I actually bought them for my rosacea however I noticed a change in texture within the first couple of hours. And the results are permanent. I have included a link where ben Johnson, the Formulator is being interviewed. The interviewaddresses anti-aging and skin health and you can see that he is focussed on skin health. I think that when our skin barrier is damaged, the skin is not getting adequate nutrient supply, and because these products intensely feed the skin, it plumps it up and the texture issue resolves. I'm not going to lie - they are expensive however each bottle lasts about 3 months long, and I was past giving a crap about the consequences, I just needed decent skin again. I know how devastating this is - let me know if you have any questions. I have posted a link and would encourage you to research the line and try it. It's the BEST!!!!!!!!

[removed]

MemberMember
(@emilylane)

Posted : 03/12/2019 4:44 pm

On 2/28/2019 at 1:09 AM, Missy M said:

I signed up to this site just to let people know that I have discovered a solution for orange peel, damaged skin. I have discovered a line called Osmosis and there are 3 star products that have completely transformed my skin. They are: Rescue, Catalyst Plus and Clear Plus, which is the activating mist for these products (they work in synergy and the Clear Plus drives them deeper into the skin).

My skin was extremely inflamed, I had enlarged pore texture for about a year and it was generally just awful. These products feed the skin. I actually bought them for my rosacea however I noticed a change in texture within the first couple of hours. And the results are permanent. I have included a link where ben Johnson, the Formulator is being interviewed. The interviewaddresses anti-aging and skin health and you can see that he is focussed on skin health. I think that when our skin barrier is damaged, the skin is not getting adequate nutrient supply, and because these products intensely feed the skin, it plumps it up and the texture issue resolves. I'm not going to lie - they are expensive however each bottle lasts about 3 months long, and I was past giving a crap about the consequences, I just needed decent skin again. I know how devastating this is - let me know if you have any questions. I have posted a link and would encourage you to research the line and try it. It's the BEST!!!!!!!!

[removed]

Thank you so much for this post Missy M, I have just ordered those 3 products based on what you have said.
It cost me a lot of money (250!) but if it can undo the damage that this fucking retinal has done to my face, it's a very very small price to pay.
I have been searching for a solution to this for more than two years now.
When I first read your post I was skeptical that another so called 'miracle cream' could do anything but more damage, but then I watched the video and the way the Doctor explained how retinal thins your skin and how his product is able to rebuild the epidermis, really convinced me.
I can't wait to start!
I know I should not get my hopes up. Only a few days ago I believed I had permanently damaged my face and had resided in the fact I would be living a very intraverted life because of it. But then I saw your post, watched the video, researched the doctor and now I really am hopeful!
Thank you again,if you hadn't signed up topost I would never have known about Osmosis.

Wish me luck!

malia02 liked
MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/13/2019 8:48 am

@EmilyLaneCould you be so kind as to keep us updated with the Osmosis products, the poster above only has two posts. Both advertisements, feels a little spammy. I always like to keep a open mind for potentiality.I have hears some lectures by Dr Ben from that company which sounded interestingbut not like any other Derm/Plastic, Cosmetic Company, Etc. So I don't know how much of it is marketing. I do know there company has a multi-level marketing thing with affiliates going on, call me a skeptic. Also the products are overpriced by 300% in todays market for skincare if they are trying to help the masses $125 for a vitamin C serum, sounds rather elite.There are very few topicals that do anything, especially for acne scar suffers, which makes since from a anatomy standpoint. Your honest review would be invaluable. Best to you with the product. Ifanythingthose with large pores, have something called a damaged moisturebarrier, ... this is from over treatment, exfoliation, or using too many products. This must be restored.

Please note this link is for referenceonly:

https://blog.reneerouleau.com/dry-tight-irritated-skin-your-moisture-barrier-might-be-damaged/

MemberMember
(@emilylane)

Posted : 03/13/2019 3:19 pm

6 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

@EmilyLaneCould you be so kind as to keep us updated with the Osmosis products, the poster above only has two posts. Both advertisements, feels a little spammy. I always like to keep a open mind for potentiality.I have hears some lectures by Dr Ben from that company which sounded interestingbut not like any other Derm/Plastic, Cosmetic Company, Etc. So I don't know how much of it is marketing. I do know there company has a multi-level marketing thing with affiliates going on, call me a skeptic. Also the products are overpriced by 300% in todays market for skincare if they are trying to help the masses $125 for a vitamin C serum, sounds rather elite.There are very few topicals that do anything, especially for acne scar suffers, which makes since from a anatomy standpoint. Your honest review would be invaluable. Best to you with the product. Ifanythingthose with large pores, have something called a damaged moisturebarrier, ... this is from over treatment, exfoliation, or using too many products. This must be restored.

Please note this link is for referenceonly:

https://blog.reneerouleau.com/dry-tight-irritated-skin-your-moisture-barrier-might-be-damaged/

Thanks. Maybe it is too good to be true. But dou really think these products are not going to help me? Or you think I could find something that does the same thing for less money?
The way Dr Ben talked in the video sounded like he had created a one of a kind patented forumla for restoring the epidermis.
I have definitely damaged my skin's moisture barrier.I have to carry oil blotting tissues wherever I go, and whenever I look in a mirror my face is covered in a thin layer of shiny grease. When people see my face for the first time they always do a double take or I see them hide a little smirk. I drink a lot of water so I need to goto the bathroom a lot, just so I can rub the oil off my face and stop looking like a shiny waxy alien!
I hate it so much.
If you think I have a better option or if I'm wasting my money, I want to know what to do so. If you're right and Dr Ben is only selling overpriced snake oil, I want to know so Ican return the products and invest my money in a real solution.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/14/2019 9:36 am

@EmilyLaneI found mixed results. Not trying to dissuade you. IF anything I was curious with your outcome, hence asking for you to update the forum. It seems Osmosis uses Catalyst for the acne scars (see the honest reviews - Amazon, some say it does nothing). Many use the stem cell serum, except I have a problem with that as stem cells are dead once you process them or handle them harshly.Their version ofRetinaldehyde is basically a precursor to retin-a or a retinoid. As such I don't see why it's so expensive. You can get Differin in the sates OTC cheaply and this is even more active while being less"irritating." But it's simple if you don't want irritation, don't use it daily, mix with moisturizer. The one for redness forget the name, ... reminds me of a hydroquinone freegel. So basically the only one worth watching and they say it takes 3 months is the Catalyst. I was unclear on many things. He is selling energy medicine, basically water with a frequency in it which is not mainline medicine or even naturpathic medicine.

I think it's a personalized thing (results), perhaps it will work for you, many damage the moisture barrier and this seems to be the goal of those products.It's def not a laser or a acid peel which we normally use for pores, and I know his reasons why. It also depends on the texure, large pores, orangepeel, icepicks, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Osmosis-Catalyst-AC-11-Serum-Oz/dp/B00GB7OXEU/

http://www.skinacea.com/products/retinoids.html

The options I have are laser/ energy devices, fillers, and prescription grade cosmecuticals you would find at a derm for general conditions. Have you tried the basics like Vitamin C serum, niacinamide by the ordinary,

https://emilyeveryday.co/the-best-products-from-the-ordinary-for-your-skin-type/

Finally there is a great resource for you: goto reddit.com then type in skincareaddiction it's a sub forum about skincare, ... these people know their stuff.You can search forosmosis on there and whatever skin condition ie. large pores or texture. They are all about skin products.

Disclaimer: I am not advertising or endorsing any company, the OP requested help, she can make her own mind up for brands of interest.

ymbp liked
MemberMember
(@emilylane)

Posted : 03/14/2019 2:52 pm

On 3/14/2019 at 8:36 PM, beautifulambition said:

@EmilyLaneI found mixed results. Not trying to dissuade you. IF anything I was curious with your outcome, hence asking for you to update the forum. It seems Osmosis uses Catalyst for the acne scars (see the honest reviews - Amazon, some say it does nothing). Many use the stem cell serum, except I have a problem with that as stem cells are dead once you process them or handle them harshly.Their version ofRetinaldehyde is basically a precursor to retin-a or a retinoid. As such I don't see why it's so expensive. You can get Differin in the sates OTC cheaply and this is even more active while being less"irritating." But it's simple if you don't want irritation, don't use it daily, mix with moisturizer. The one for redness forget the name, ... reminds me of a hydroquinone freegel. So basically the only one worth watching and they say it takes 3 months is the Catalyst. I was unclear on many things. He is selling energy medicine, basically water with a frequency in it which is not mainline medicine or even naturpathic medicine.

I think it's a personalized thing (results), perhaps it will work for you, many damage the moisture barrier and this seems to be the goal of those products.It's def not a laser or a acid peel which we normally use for pores, and I know his reasons why. It also depends on the texure, large pores, orangepeel, icepicks, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Osmosis-Catalyst-AC-11-Serum-Oz/dp/B00GB7OXEU/

http://www.skinacea.com/products/retinoids.html

The options I have are laser/ energy devices, fillers, and prescription grade cosmecuticals you would find at a derm for general conditions. Have you tried the basics like Vitamin C serum, niacinamide by the ordinary,

https://emilyeveryday.co/the-best-products-from-the-ordinary-for-your-skin-type/

Finally there is a great resource for you: goto reddit.com then type in skincareaddiction it's a sub forum about skincare, ... these people know their stuff.You can search forosmosis on there and whatever skin condition ie. large pores or texture. They are all about skin products.

Disclaimer: I am not advertising or endorsing any company, the OP requested help, she can make her own mind up for brands of interest.

No I haven't tried anything! When I realised what I had done to my face I decided I was not going to use anything at all because I didn't want to ruin itany more.

The Osmosis package has arrived but now you're making me think there may be better options for potentiallyless money.
If I don't open the packaging I can return the box so now I need to research and apply the things you've told me and resources you've shared.
My one and only goal is to get my face looking and behaving like it used to. What I mean is, I used to have a normal face, normal skin. When it was hot I would get sweaty, but it just looked like sweat, I still looked perfectly normal.

Now I have a thin layer of shiny grease on my skin no matter what. I also have'orange peel' skin, which is hundred oftiny open pores, and my skin is now very thin. You can see lots of weird bumps and lines under the skin which were never there before. And the skin itself is waxy, too tight looking, featureless, hollow eyes. Catching this shiny weird monster in the mirror and realising this horrifying thing is me, and knowing what I used to look like, makes me very depressed and angry.

Do you know what specific products, links,resources, search terms, organisations, expertsetc where I can learn how to restore my moisture barrier ?
Or if you know there is some kind of special therepy or a surgical operation, apractical procedure, somethign, anything, I don't care the price, just please help me.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/15/2019 11:52 am

@EmilyLane

They specialize in products, ... scientists and everything on there. Even for your skin condition.

Osmosis might be good I cannot say, that is why I wanted to hear your results, ... what I do know is it's very over priced. Don't they have a return policy if it doesn't work ?

Well you can get basics for cheap from the Ordinary and try those first right vit c serum, niacinamide, retinoid. Oiliness can also be a diet thing.

Resources and links you can find a ton, just google repairing the moisture barrier and use reddit

Regarding oil, that sometimes is the gut being out of alignment and needs probiotics, etc. I know Fungal acne or Candida is very common.

Wish I had more time to consult you but I have tons of messages to answer of people needing help.,

MemberMember
(@emilylane)

Posted : 03/15/2019 3:36 pm

On 3/15/2019 at 10:52 PM, beautifulambition said:

@EmilyLane

They specialize in products, ... scientists and everything on there. Even for your skin condition.

Osmosis might be good I cannot say, that is why I wanted to hear your results, ... what I do know is it's very over priced. Don't they have a return policy if it doesn't work ?

Well you can get basics for cheap from the Ordinary and try those first right vit c serum, niacinamide, retinoid. Oiliness can also be a diet thing.

Resources and links you can find a ton, just google repairing the moisture barrier and use reddit

Regarding oil, that sometimes is the gut being out of alignment and needs probiotics, etc. I know Fungal acne or Candida is very common.

Wish I had more time to consult you but I have tons of messages to answer of people needing help.,

Thanks I'll researach what you;ve said. I've started the Osmosis regime now, I couldn't resist! I'll update this thread on how it goes.

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 03/15/2019 7:05 pm

Look at the Osmosis ingredients! For the regular care ok.Chlorella, Lactic Acid, Retinal, Cooper, Zinc...etc.. investigated each ingredient, I do not see anything special ordifferent to theother good organic brands....andoverpriced. Definitely wont help pitted scars.

MemberMember
(@emilylane)

Posted : 03/16/2019 9:01 am

13 hours ago, Sibel said:

Look at the Osmosis ingredients! For the regular care ok.Chlorella, Lactic Acid, Retinal, Cooper, Zinc...etc.. investigated each ingredient, I do not see anything special ordifferent to theother good organic brands....andoverpriced. Definitely wont help pitted scars.

If a skincare product doesn't work out for you, canyou return it when the bottle has finished? Or would it have to be within 30 days of purchasing?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/16/2019 9:39 am

@EmilyLaneLook at the return policy on their website. Many products do allow returns.

https://www.osmosisskincare.com/CustomerService.aspx

MemberMember
(@skinmetamorphasis)

Posted : 03/27/2019 10:23 am

Hi!

I'm new here. For I myself suffered from dehydrated skin and enlarged pores last year. Just wanted to point out that from my experience the Avene Cicalfate Repair Cream has really helped my moisture barrier. My pores(appearance) have decreased due to a more plumped skin.(This isn't any form of advertisement or anything, just my experience). It may be cheaper than the osmosis products it may even be the same idea. Hope this helps in any way. I know how it feels to have a sudden different skin texture from smooth to not so smooth anymore. I wish you the best and hope you're able to treat your skin issues.

MemberMember
(@noseriki)

Posted : 04/10/2019 7:05 pm

EmilyLane, any results with the Osmosis products???

MemberMember
(@sicastro)

Posted : 05/06/2019 11:04 am

Also curious how things are going with the Osmosis products!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/07/2019 10:57 am

@SICastro@NoSeRiki@EmilyLane

See the Amazon Reviews Ladies, Until someone proves to me otherwise, by a in depth review... I believe they have a widespread social media presence, big marketing budget, and people buy into the hype or sale of the product being different. There are no before and after pictures(Even those can be photo shopped). Even the Amazon positive ratings are questionable by people who just purchased the product or may not be"real."

https://www.amazon.com/Osmosis-Skincare-Factor-Liposomal-Serum/product-reviews/B006WR2H38/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_viewopt_sr?ie=UTF8&filterByStar=critical&reviewerType=all_reviews&pageNumber=1#reviews-filter-bar

https://www.amazon.com/Osmosis-Catalyst-AC-11-Serum-Fl/product-reviews/B00GB7OXEU/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_viewopt_sr?ie=UTF8&filterByStar=critical&reviewerType=all_reviews&pageNumber=1#reviews-filter-bar

https://www.amazon.com/Osmosis-Skincare-Rescue-Epidermal-Repair/product-reviews/B00OSREGGK/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_viewopt_sr?ie=UTF8&filterByStar=critical&reviewerType=all_reviews&pageNumber=1#reviews-filter-bar

MemberMember
(@raff31)

Posted : 05/07/2019 11:01 pm

Long time lurker here, but I couldn't help responding as I have been using Osmosis products for about 6 weeks now. Overall, I would say mixed results. I started off with the Level 1 vitamin A serum due to a recommendation from Gothamista, ayoutube blogger,and I have to say the results were great. It's a really nice serum for those who struggle with some harsher vitamin A based products. Gentle on the skin, good for skin texture and gives a great glow.

This made me decide that Osmosis is "the answer" to everything, so I went crazy and bought their epidermal repair serum, Level 2 vitamin A blemish serum, eye repair serum etc., and all have been a littledisappointing to date. In particular, I was hoping that the repair serum could help with deep redness/damage in my skin I have had since a teen using harsh anti-acneproducts combined with Roaccutane, but it has done absolutely nothing to date (only 4 weeks in so far). I didn't care about the smell - I would probably wipe **** on my face if I thought it would help with my redness and scarring 🙂

Their Level 2 vitamin A based serum was simply too strong for me and turned me red.

So overall, a mixed bag. I think they have a nice mildVitamin A serum (best one I have personally found to date), but nothing groundbreaking in their products.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/08/2019 10:44 am

This is thanks to Skinacea.com, One has other options for"Retinaldehyde" if needed

Types of Retinoid Products

Type of RetinoidProduct Name
Weaker

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|