Notifications
Clear all

Red marks left behind from acne

MemberMember
(@m07)

Posted : 07/15/2016 5:40 am

I have found that the acne I've had since December is somehow still on my face but in the form of red marks. My face is more or less completely smooth but these red dots cover the lower part of my cheeks and look like active acne. I have no idea what to do to get rid of them and although some are slowly fading, the others seem to be staying put and showing no signs of disappearance. I am getting pretty desperate and have tried so many things but nothing seems to work!! Please help!

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 07/15/2016 11:10 am

I had this same thing happen to me last year. And the red marks took about 7 months to disappear for me. It looked so bad because I just had so many red marks all over my face. I recommend that you moisturize. This is something I didn't do and it could of helped. I was actually rough with my skin which probably impeaded my skins healing ability further. I now have scars that really bother me.

MemberMember
(@m07)

Posted : 07/15/2016 6:24 pm

Oh really. I have been using acidic peel
pads along with a moisturiser for almost two months and I have noticed a difference as the marks are starting to fade but the process is sooooo slow. The most frustrating part for me is that it's so hard to cover up with makeup as well as the marks are quite dark. How did you get rid of yours? I'm going to finish this course of treatment and if I don't notice any difference I was thinking of going on the acne.org regimen.

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 07/17/2016 10:33 pm

I just let time get rid of mine; in other words I waited a hell of a long time. I mean I had to start wearing makeup to cover up all the red marks, and I'm a guy. Initially for the acne I got on a cream called epiduo(benzoyl peroxide/adapolene) and minocycline(an antibiotic). Then I switched derms and she put me on isotretinoin. That cleared me of new pimples and I just waited a few more months for the red marks from previous acne to fade.

Remember that the red marks are red because they are healing so care for the wounded, recovering skin. Supposedly the sun isbad for the red marks so be aware of that. I'm not sure if there is a way to reduce the redness, but avoid further irritation and remember to moisturize. The redness was a HUGE issue for me and the best advice I ever got was 1)Prevent more pimples
2) Wait in agony for the redness to slowly go away on its own.

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 07/22/2016 12:36 am

Salicylate Acid is usually the 'weapon of choice' for scarring. It increases cell turnover, which produces skin cells faster to heal skin discoloration quicker.

You can find it in a face wash, scrub, or pad.