Notifications
Clear all

Seborrheic Dermatitis? (Pics.)

MemberMember
(@alexlui)

Posted : 07/12/2016 7:57 pm

I started getting mild-severe acnes last December, and I went on Doxycycline and retin-a 0.05%. Then about 3-4 months ago, I started getting greasy, scaly skin with yellowish "crystals" (weeping) on my cheeks (see pictures). After washing it off during shower, my skin would feel really tight and dry, and it itched quite a bit as well. Then I started applying Fucidin cream 3 times a day. It responded quite well and most of it cleared away after about 1-2 weeks. However, I noticed that it would come back almost straight away (in 2-3 days) as soon as I stop applying the cream. Also my face becomes really greasy no matter what I do.IMG_5178.JPGThis is right at the beginning when it was worst (before Fucidin).IMG_5216.JPGThis is after having applied Fucidin for at least a month. This picture was taken after stopping Fucidin for maybe 2-3 days. You can see the red spots coming back.

Now, after 3-4 months of continuous use of Fucidin, nothing has improved. My face is still really greasy, and I still get some red spots everytime I stop using the cream. This is really killing me, and my GP just said that it's some bacterial infection and gave me some antibiotics which never worked. Anyone had similar experience? Please, I am really desperate.

biomed27 liked
MemberMember
(@biomed27)

Posted : 07/15/2016 1:53 pm

I have this exact same problem. I was about to start a thread but we have the same symptoms. I've had the greasy look for about 4 years now and I believe it started after using retin-a. I will upload my pictures as well. I hope you mind me tagging along. If anyone has any advice, we would greatly appreciate it. I don't know what to do anymore!

It's hard to tell from the pictures but my skin is very red and seems thinner in comparison to other areas I've been treating as dehydrated skin and saw some improvement but I think washing my face with just water has made things worse in the long run. My plan now is to wash morning and night with Cerave hydrating cleanser followed by a diy 2% acetyl glucosamine 4% niacinamide serum. At night I'm planning to add waxelene following the serum.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@alexlui)

Posted : 07/19/2016 7:54 am

Hi biomed27, wow 4 years, that's terrible... Have you been to a dermatologist?
Also, I can't quite see clearly from your pictures, but did you suffer from the same symptoms as I had in my first picture? With the yellow crust and rash?

MemberMember
(@soniam)

Posted : 01/26/2018 12:14 pm

I have been suffering for the exact same thing. My Derm told me it was seborrheic dermatitis but I took antifungals and they didn't seem to help much

MemberMember
(@sonya-summer)

Posted : 08/04/2020 9:44 pm

A face wash called Effaclar by la Roche Posey with salicylic acid will slough it off!