Notifications
Clear all

[Wow][Boxcar/IcePick/Linear Scars][Possibly a new approach] TCA CROSS followed by Needling in one sitting

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 07/12/2016 5:56 pm

1:20 - paraphrased: doctor recommended 3 sittings, 6 weeksapart and each sitting will include 2 treatments: tca cross followed by microneedling.

6:31 -> progress

followup video:

not porcelain but major improvement. thoughts?

crowd - don't be dubious, go out and get it done.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 07/12/2016 9:23 pm

I think this is a bit different. hear me out: Dr. Dobry, I believe, performs the needling followed by a tca peel whereasDr. Barlon Sterling performs TCA CROSS followed by microneedling. You can see the browning of the skin where the TCA was applied. (650). I'll call tomorrow and find out.

On Dobry's supposed before pictures, there is no scarring present that is (was) adequate enough for TCA Cross. So my belief is that Dobry needles then applies afull facetca peel.

MemberMember
(@pct14)

Posted : 07/13/2016 1:21 am

Interested in hearing what the doctor says about the treatment, the info from her leaves out a lot of the specifics. The acid would be neutralized long before the needling; she says he applied numbing cream after TCA cross, then performs the needling

Something I picked up on, in the video she says her before picture was taken before any sort of treatment and in the comments she says she used to do chemical peels 6-7 years ago. Might not be intentional, but she may be misrepresenting the effectiveness of the TCA + needling treatments when she shows that picture. Could be any number of treatments contributing to her results.

She also has a bunch of videos from months ago, and her scars don't look anything like the before picture.

MemberMember
(@sodiumhydroxide)

Posted : 07/13/2016 5:43 am

It doesn't make sense to needle before TCA, the TCA will sink deeper... ouch
And also the needling has to be done on the same day as the TCA because it will start scabbing after that and in no way do you want to disturb the scab,
I have done it myself that is TCA first and then microneedle on same day.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 07/13/2016 9:45 am

8 hours ago, PCT14 said:

Interested in hearing what the doctor says about the treatment, the info from her leaves out a lot of the specifics. The acid would be neutralized long before the needling; she says he applied numbing cream after TCA cross, then performs the needling

Something I picked up on, in the video she says her before picture was taken before any sort of treatment and in the comments she says she used to do chemical peels 6-7 years ago. Might not be intentional, but she may be misrepresenting the effectiveness of the TCA + needling treatments when she shows that picture. Could be any number of treatments contributing to her results.

She also has a bunch of videos from months ago, and her scars don't look anything like the before picture.

It's difficult to understand what she's implying throughout the video but I believe that what she meant to say was that that picture was taken by Dr. Sterling prior to any treatment with him.

As far as her previous videos and her skin, you do have a good point. I could argue that the lighting and scarring is being disingenuous but then one could argue that her good 'after' picture @6:00~is also due the lighting and what seems to be light makeup. She claims 50% improvement and I want to believe her for the sake of this forum and treatment prospects but it's hard with flattering lighting.

I'll ask her a few q's

edit - I called the office and spoke to a lady named Maryann. She told me that the DR generally does perform TCA Cross followed by microneedling.What I forgot to ask was whether or not he goes over the TCA cross spots with the needles or just simply needles around them. If former, that would be novel to me. If latter, nothing new...

MemberMember
(@pct14)

Posted : 07/13/2016 2:21 pm

4 hours ago, Robertitoo said:
It's difficult to understand what she's implying throughout the video but I believe that what she meant to say was that that picture was taken by Dr. Sterling prior to any treatment with him.

As far as her previous videos and her skin, you do have a good point. I could argue that the lighting and scarring is being disingenuous but then one could argue that her good 'after' picture @6:00~is also due the lighting and what seems to be light makeup. She claims 50% improvement and I want to believe her for the sake of this forum and treatment prospects but it's hard with flattering lighting.

I'll ask her a few q's

edit - I called the office and spoke to a lady named Maryann. She told me that the DR generally does perform TCA Cross followed by microneedling.What I forgot to ask was whether or not he goes over the TCA cross spots with the needles or just simply needles around them. If former, that would be novel to me. If latter, nothing new...

It is very difficult to judge based on the before picture and the videos, so maybe you are right. These two treatments have been shown to be successful when done separately, so definitely worth researching a bit more for me. I'll keep an eye on her channel for a third video, but until then I am a bit skeptical.

8 hours ago, sodiumhydroxide said:

It doesn't make sense to needle before TCA, the TCA will sink deeper... ouch
And also the needling has to be done on the same day as the TCA because it will start scabbing after that and in no way do you want to disturb the scab,
I have done it myself that is TCA first and then microneedle on same day.

Sounds like you performed the same treatment she is describing, what were your results like?