Notifications
Clear all

Accutane?!

MemberMember
(@misssadsack)

Posted : 07/12/2016 12:43 pm

What's people's opinions on accutane? Has anyone been on this?

MemberMember
(@humanecyclone)

Posted : 07/13/2016 10:00 pm

DO NOT take it unless your acne is so bad that your life is honestly being negatively impacted by it, and also do not take it unless you have literally exhausted all other options. There are so many possibly bad side effects from this drug that it isn't worth taking the risk in my opinion (unless, like i stated before, your life is being so negatively impacted by it that you just need it gone).

I've personally taken it and haven't had a good experience with it, and I would honestly not take it if i could go back in time and make my decision again.

MemberMember
(@misssadsack)

Posted : 07/14/2016 2:10 am

I would say my acne is moderate , it just gets me down every second of every day :( 

MemberMember
(@humanecyclone)

Posted : 07/14/2016 9:10 pm

18 hours ago, [email protected] said:

I would say my acne is moderate , it just gets me down every second of every day :( 

I understand that feeling, but trust me when I say that I would much rather be dealing with acne issues than the issues I'm currently having since taking Accutane. General health is much more important than anything cosmetic, keep that in mind.

What have you done so far to treat your acne? Also, have you checked out the other forums on this site? There are a lot of really useful tips and ways of treating acne that are much much safer (diet changes, natural face washes, etc.). 

MemberMember
(@chris16)

Posted : 08/17/2016 6:14 pm

Don't take it! It's straight up poison but derms will down okay the side effects.