Notifications
Clear all

little spots (mild) causing indented scarring

MemberMember
(@huskychef)

Posted : 07/11/2016 4:23 pm

I'll keep this simple because in my experience there's a 2% chance anyone will reply on acne.org..
but I've dealt with severe cystic acne before and after 2 doses of accutane came out scar free.. (apart from hyperpigmentation).. 3 months off my second dose of accutane..I'm getting small red spots that don't hurt and I can't feel them..But I'm noticing scarring when they leave...
to put it bluntly..wtf is going?

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@d00little)

Posted : 07/11/2016 5:23 pm

No to barge in, but I also felt like most of my scarring came after being on accutane (I needed 2 courses a few years apart). I would still have done accutane though, even knowing what I know now, because the mild scarring is better than the active acne.

MemberMember
(@mynameisacne)

Posted : 07/12/2016 10:51 am

aim not accutane but I have small clogged pores on my cheeks near my mouth turning into svars without me touching them. I dont know how to clear them. I Tried Benzoyl peroxide and salycic acid.

MemberMember
(@huskychef)

Posted : 07/12/2016 1:06 pm

I'm actually going to legit cry..my skin was SO clear..now I have spots and scarring for every little pimple in the space of like a month or 2! I honestly don't know what to do! It takes a month to get a derm appointment here In Ireland!! Considering bleaching..and I'm not talking about topically..

MemberMember
(@skinskinskinskinskinskinskin)

Posted : 07/12/2016 1:26 pm

theres nothing you can do, be thankful they are only small

from your description i started with simular and looking back it was nothing, ive spent thousands on lasers and my skin is much much worse with actual deep wide scars now as well as poor texture and skin tone

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 07/12/2016 1:26 pm

Indented scarring is a huge bummer, I understand how it is to have it. Try moisturizing more, this could help you face heal better after is gets one of those "small red dots." Try not to touch your face during the day. Try benzoyl peroxide cream from the drug store. Aside from that, see a dermatologist.

MemberMember
(@huskychef)

Posted : 07/12/2016 1:31 pm

But like every time I go to the dermatologist she says the same thing.. "oh they're only small.. it's nothing to worry about.."
Nothing to worry about?! THEY'RE SCARRING MY FACE!!

MemberMember
(@skinskinskinskinskinskinskin)

Posted : 07/12/2016 1:33 pm

1 minute ago, HuskyChef said:

But like every time I go to the dermatologist she says the same thing.. "oh they're only small.. it's nothing to worry about.."
Nothing to worry about?! THEY'RE SCARRING MY FACE!!

sounds like you have a very good derm, most would say they can make them vanish with a new laser and ask for 5k upfront

MemberMember

Posted : 07/12/2016 3:30 pm

To me, if there is permanent damage occurring on the skin of your face then its pretty serious. Your derm should understand this. Try seeing a different one.

MemberMember
(@huskychef)

Posted : 07/12/2016 5:50 pm

2 hours ago, acne scar obsession said:

To me, if there is permanent damage occurring on the skin of your face then its pretty serious. Your derm should understand this. Try seeing a different one.

I don't really have the option as I'm in college and don't have enough squids for a private derm. Literally just have to be at the mercy of the HSE which if you're on their books it takes a month to see... last time when I told her my spots were coming back..She said they're fine and essentially took me off the books.. so I'm probably going to have to wait 6 months now, whoop whoop!... so I honestly don't know what to do.. I can see I'm reverting back to my "hide in my room until my skin is clear" state..and honestly it's terrifying.. girlfriend was doing her leaving school exams and now I legit don't want her to see me.. scared she'll see me,spit on me,kick gravel in my eyes and run off screaming!
I'm very vain if you can't tell x

MemberMember
(@huskychef)

Posted : 07/12/2016 8:11 pm

Omg just looked in the mirror and I'm proper crying! I look like a (excuse my french) F%&#ING LIZARD!! MY SKIN USED TO BE SO SMOOTH!!! I HAD CYSTIC ACNE AND THEY WERE NEVER THIS BAD!!!

Just did a bit of research and I have "papules"...

MemberMember

Posted : 07/12/2016 9:25 pm

So your getting a bunch of small red dots on your face and they are scarring your skin.
Could this be some kind of allergic reaction?
Where is this happening, your forehead? All over?

MemberMember
(@huskychef)

Posted : 07/12/2016 10:10 pm

55 minutes ago, acne scar obsession said:

So your getting a bunch of small red dots on your face and they are scarring your skin. 
Could this be some kind of allergic reaction?
Where is this happening, your forehead? All over?

yeah basically.. skin looks really creased if you know what I mean? Like mild rolling scars on my cheeks. Here,I'll post a CHEEKy pic x

Hideous creature! Like..wtf is this? Don't look at me! Dx
(that's my cheek btw)

Snapchat-8962030791186196292.jpg

MemberMember
(@huskychef)

Posted : 07/12/2016 11:29 pm

Just looked at my face again and I have like a big long thin indented line on my upper right cheek near my temple! I don't even get spots there!! I'm legit so scared right now!!

MemberMember

Posted : 07/13/2016 12:53 am

Now, I understand why your stressing if this scarring has just shown up in the past couple of months. Is the acne as mild as you say it is? This is pretty strange.

Isotretinoin does impair your skins healing abilities. I didn't scar
until taking isotretinoin.

Im sorry about this; I hope you don't scar any further.

MemberMember
(@huskychef)

Posted : 07/13/2016 5:57 am

8 hours ago, acne scar obsession said:

Now, I understand why your stressing if this scarring has just shown up in the past couple of months. Is the acne as mild as you say it is? This is pretty strange.

Isotretinoin does impair your skins healing abilities. I didn't scar
until taking isotretinoin.

Im sorry about this; I hope you don't scar any further.

yeah like I might get one or 2 noticeable small papules on my face every 2 days that don't hurt at all and I wouldn't even notice I had them unless I looked in the mirror. . If I touch them there's no pain or sensitivity at all so I really have no clue what the problem with my skin is tbh.. I will say one thing... I boughtgeneric accutane online (very reputable source that I did a lot of research in to and my friend had bought from which completely cleared his acne).. I've been on it for 6 days aiming for a low dose just to keep my skin clear..took 80mg the first day (the dose I finished my original course on)..then the next day I was on 40mg for a few days..now the past few days I've been on 20mg/d.. apparently this accutane is slightly underdosed so I've heard 1 20mg tablet is about 5-10mg. So is this related? I know a lot of people are gonna jump down my throat for buying accutane online but honestly I don't think it's the problem.. I have this La Roche Possay Effaclar Duo+ stuff I've been using every few nights (used it like 3 or 4 times in the space of like 2 weeks) that has a small bit of Salycilic acid in it...burns like crazy when you first put it on for a bit..could this be the problem?

Here's my problem..I need to low dose accutane to keep my acne at bay..but while I'm on it..I can't treat my brown marks and scars with topicals,peels, etc.. butif I was to come off Accutane for 6 months so I can treat the marks and scars..my skin would be SHIT!

MemberMember
(@huskychef)

Posted : 07/13/2016 10:06 am

Just noticed I have a load of little skin coloured small little blister looking spots appearing as clusters on my skin now..

MemberMember

Posted : 07/13/2016 10:35 am

So you just got off your second full course of isotretinoin three months ago and are now starting to take a low dosage to keep all pimples away.
Ok well perhaps that low dosage hasn't kicked in yet and soon those small red dots will go away. I hope it is acne that youhave. I mean, how are you getting pimples already? You just got off your second course of isotretinoin.

MemberMember
(@huskychef)

Posted : 07/13/2016 2:37 pm

4 hours ago, acne scar obsession said:

So you just got off your second full course of isotretinoin three months ago and are now starting to take a low dosage to keep all pimples away.
Ok well perhaps that low dosage hasn't kicked in yet and soon those small red dots will go away. I hope it is acne that youhave. I mean, how are you getting pimples already? You just got off your second course of isotretinoin.

Basically yeah.. I finished my first course at the end of 2015 and about a monthlater I was getting the little red dots.. not near as bad as now but I went back to my derm,she put me on 80mg and stayed on that for a bout 4-5 months (my body weight is 70kg).. literally a month off my second dose I could see them start to come back..no cysts or anything just these little red spots.. the longer the time goes on the more sensitive they're getting actually just to note. This is so annoying to me because while on Accutane my skin is FLAWLESS..and I react very well to the drug. I could see my acne on my first dose clearing after about 3-4 weeks..which is why I'd like to stay on a low dose. but the supposed underdosed 20mg generic tablets I'm taking now doesn't really seem to be doing much apart from making my lips dry..
I'm poor af but tomorrow morning I'm going to my gp and asking him to refer me to a private derm.. I can't really put a price on my skin and any change in it directly effects my confidence. Right now I'm stuck in my room not eating or moving much and my quality of life is pretty shit so the sooner I get this sorted out the better.
Should I maybe up my dose to 40mg? Is that still a low dose?

MemberMember

Posted : 07/14/2016 12:32 am

Ok well I don't think you should be isolating yourself because of this. Your skin looks good. You gotta just keep it good.

MemberMember

Posted : 07/14/2016 11:17 am

The way your scarring up all of a sudden is pretty weird, but I don't think there is any more I can say.

I hope everything turns out alright

MemberMember

Posted : 07/14/2016 1:50 pm

I just wish I could go back in time to when I was starting to scar up and remind myself to be gentle with my healing, acne stricken skin. Moisturize every day or at least a few times a week. Don't scrub your skin or touch your skin too much. And keep your skin care regimen simple, gentle, and consistent. Your skin is already worse at repairing itself due to isotretinoin so you have to be kind to it and take good care of it.

I was rough with my skin when I stated to see the red marks piling up and I think that impaired my skin's healing ability even further.

MemberMember
(@needledack)

Posted : 07/14/2016 5:07 pm

it doesn't look like there's anything there