Notifications
Clear all

Does anyone else wish their mom would have gotten an abortion?

MemberMember
(@koloz)

Posted : 07/11/2016 3:42 am

I sure do I wish I was terminated before birth. I have such crap genetics. Under 6 feet tall small body frame anxiety and acne. The acne bothered me the most. I hate going out in public seeing everyone with clear skin yet they drink and smoke and eat crap food but have the clearest skin. Life truly isn't fair. I wish I wasn't born I'm anugly freak that no one wants.

You liked
MemberMember
(@michelle18)

Posted : 07/11/2016 4:59 am

Hi, I felt like you for so many years and similar reasons, the worst my severe acne. I don't know if you are a girl or boy but taking the pill helped me a lot, but since I can't take the pill forever and itdoesn't clear my skincompletely, I'm looking for other solutions like this regimen. But I want to tell you that the best thing you can do is to calm and accept your skin. I'm inahorrible skin moment right now, and the things that makes me feel better the most is not covering with make up and going out feeling proud of myself esteem. Atfirst, it's a joke, I just want to cry inside, but if you act like you don't care you can actually stop caring. I also like to go to forums like this so I can feel I'm not alone. Good luck in your self acceptance journey.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/11/2016 7:20 am

No I don't. Honestly, I've been suicidal before but I got help and I'm here and now, I try to enjoy what I can. I think you should get some help cause there's things you can do, you don't have to feel this way.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/12/2016 5:01 pm

On 7/11/2016 at 4:42 AM, Koloz said:

I sure do I wish I was terminated before birth. I have such crap genetics. Under 6 feet tall small body frame anxiety and acne. The acne bothered me the most. I hate going out in public seeing everyone with clear skin yet they drink and smoke and eat crap food but have the clearest skin. Life truly isn't fair. I wish I wasn't born I'm anugly freak that no one wants.

Life not only isn't fair, it can be brutal. Though it doesn't make me feel better to see others in pain, I do watch the news and try to think " at least I'm not that baby starving in Africa/ that civilian who got blown up/ that young person with cancer". Acne sucks but knowing others have it worse is some kind of consolation.

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 07/14/2016 9:21 pm

Hells to the yeah

MemberMember
(@missycheyser)

Posted : 07/15/2016 7:46 am

On 7/11/2016 at 4:42 PM, Koloz said:

I sure do I wish I was terminated before birth. I have such crap genetics. Under 6 feet tall small body frame anxiety and acne. The acne bothered me the most. I hate going out in public seeing everyone with clear skin yet they drink and smoke and eat crap food but have the clearest skin. Life truly isn't fair. I wish I wasn't born I'm an ugly freak that no one wants.

I don't. Life is a special gift. Not all living beings have this chance we got. But one thing I wish waaaay when I was in my teenage years is I wish that we have lots of money >> for plastic surgery :D that's how badly I hated my skin. Even though you may run across my posts here and you often see that my replies are on positive side I wanted you to know that before being positive I went through hell as well. Just keep this in mind hun, we all have our battles to conquer and you might not know but some have theirs worse than your acne. Cheer up!

MemberMember
(@unspecified)

Posted : 07/20/2016 8:55 pm

Honestly yes. The funny thing is, I was an unplanned child and my mom would've gotten an abortion if not for my dad. On the other hand, my brother was planned, and he's turned out virtually perfect - great physical health, no trace of acne (when I was his age I had already been through my share of self esteem shattering cysts) and very smart.

Blue83 liked
MemberMember
(@blue83)

Posted : 07/21/2016 2:47 am

I've had this thought before.

And like you, unspecified, my siblings have great skin. I have three sisters who've never even had to think about their skin. Completely clear - never worn makeup.
How can we have come from the same genepool? I'd do anything to trade.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 07/22/2016 8:49 pm

Sorry you feel that way, but look man, we have 2 choices in life:

1. Either we accept our circumstances and do what we can to improve the situation
2. We drown ourselves in sorrow and self-pity, which will ultimately lead you to depression and a horrible quality of life.

Remember, reality is created by ourselves. Sure you might not be 6 foot tall, have anxiety and acne, but will being depressed do anything about it? Absolutely not. Do what you can to improve your acne, visit a dermatologist, get into a treatment program or accutane (if its severe enough), and continue on with life.

MemberMember
(@blue83)

Posted : 07/23/2016 2:42 am

5 hours ago, Tretinoin said:

Sorry you feel that way, but look man, we have 2 choices in life:

1. Either we accept our circumstances and do what we can to improve the situation
2. We drown ourselves in sorrow and self-pity, which will ultimately lead you to depression and a horrible quality of life.

Remember, reality is created by ourselves. Sure you might not be 6 foot tall, have anxiety and acne, but will being depressed do anything about it? Absolutely not. Do what you can to improve your acne, visit a dermatologist, get into a treatment program or accutane (if its severe enough), and continue on with life.

I definitely agree with this, big picture, but I actually think expressing these kind of thoughts and feelings can be part of the process of accepting our situation. Anger is part of the process of acceptance.

As acne sufferers I think we've all had to push our anger down and just struggle on, and look for hope in the next remedy or solution and it's exhausting.

Ive had the very same kind of thoughts as the OP and having a safe place to express them is a big part of being able to move through them.

azstl25 liked
MemberMember
(@azstl25)

Posted : 07/27/2016 1:08 am

There's times where I wish I wasn't born. What cruelty to bring someone into this world to experience looking like a freak for most of your life!

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 07/27/2016 8:27 pm

They should of used protection.

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/28/2016 4:53 pm

Lol omg

MemberMember
(@ironmotivation)

Posted : 08/03/2016 7:32 pm

Nope, although I was a surprise, I will show my family that even though what I had/have/will have, I will still be resilient and conquer this evil in the world. My parents are proud of me, covered in scars and yet still smiling and helpful, seeking a career in helping others. Without acne I would've probably been an asshole hahaha

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 08/04/2016 5:47 am

On 11-7-2016 at 10:42 AM, Koloz said:

That doesn't guarantee that you don't turn out as someone else with acne. You are not an ugly freak. You have an issue with your skin.

MemberMember
(@araya-k484)

Posted : 08/04/2016 5:52 am

I know exactly how you feel <3 It's maybe hard to hear, but I've learned to be grateful for my acne. My acne is almost 90 % clear now and I'm such a better person now than before and all of that because what I've been through with my acne.
You might have a down period right now where everything feels crappy, but one day you will look back and feel that this time was good for your growth.
Be kind too yourself, acne thrives on anxiety and low self esteem.
We are here together, no one with acne are alone <3 we know how you feel and are here for you <3

A big hug!

MemberMember
(@psychedelicate)

Posted : 08/04/2016 12:02 pm

No because I am my mother's only son and I do believe that I was destined to accomplish great things in life. Regardless of my skin condition I wouldn't ever want to be aborted. I feel truly blessed to be alive sometimes.

Cheer up man, all things shall pass! You were born to do amazing things with yourself. Use your experiences to uplift others.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/29/2016 2:24 pm

You hate bring under 6 feet tall? I am 6 foot 4 and have Acne scarring on cheeks. firstly everyone looks at you immediately because of your height if you are this tall. Secondly, once they observe your height they expect you to be above average in terms of facial aesthetics - I would absolutely be in this category if it were not for my scarring. My facial structure is 10/10 but skin? -2/10

You would hate it more. Trust me

MemberMember
(@mylifeisacne)

Posted : 09/05/2016 10:40 pm

I wish this all the time. Sometimes I go even further and wish my mother was never born so she couldn't spread her shitty genetics at all.
You aren't ever going to find happiness or love with someone else if you have acne or scarring, so what's the fucking point?

MemberMember
(@ironmotivation)

Posted : 09/06/2016 2:36 pm

15 hours ago, mylifeisacne said:

I wish this all the time. Sometimes I go even further and wish my mother was never born so she couldn't spread her shitty genetics at all.
You aren't ever going to find happiness or love with someone else if you have acne or scarring, so what's the fucking point?

Thats a lie right there, I mean yes you won't find a relationship with a person if they are shallow enough to not look through your acne, but that is NOT the majority of humans. I personally think that acne has made me into the best man I could be indirectly. It's all under your control of what you think. Your mind is more powerful than you think. You are only digging yourself deeper into a hole.

Yola4 and fouzi94 liked
MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 09/06/2016 2:49 pm

11 minutes ago, IronMotivation said:
Thats a lie right there, I mean yes you won't find a relationship with a person if they are shallow enough to not look through your acne, but that is NOT the majority of humans. I personally think that acne has made me into the best man I could be indirectly. It's all under your control of what you think. Your mind is more powerful than you think. You are only digging yourself deeper into a hole.

It is the majority of humans. Otherwise we would have had an easier time.

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 09/16/2016 9:52 pm

acne trully sucks man....trust me i know....it make you even your parents didnt get married....but wat happened has happened.....but you can fight this .....you can treat ur skin.....by now i'm sure u tried many treatment ....if if ur skin severe try Accutane .....it's super effective dangerous but it does the job better than anything else on the market ..