Shaving with acne

Notifications
Clear all

Shaving with acne

MemberMember
(@eric1305)

Posted : 07/10/2016 12:03 pm

I'm wondering what product I should use when I shave my face to avoid clogging pores and reduce irritation.

Right now I'm using the neutrogena shaving cream with disposable 2-blade razors. I'm getting mixed results and I'm trying to figure out if this is causing my breakouts because they seem to occur a few days after shaving. I only shave once a week because my facial hair doesn't grow fast.

I would most likely go for something natural with no chemical ingredients if possible.

Thank you people!

MemberMember
(@welcomesmirk)

Posted : 07/10/2016 1:48 pm

Are you breaking out with ingrown hairs or acne? Both are very different from each other.

Try this cream, I've heard AMAZING things.

https://www.amazon.ca/Pacific-Shaving-Company-Natural-Cream/dp/B00DKET54U

For me this is my routine:

Wash with coconut oil; it makes the razor glide over my face
Apply cream
Wait 5 minutes
Shave
Apply cream again
Shave again
Take an ice cube and rub it all over my face
Moisturizer + 1drop tea tree oil

MemberMember
(@eric1305)

Posted : 07/10/2016 3:39 pm

1 hour ago, WelcomeSmirk said:

Are you breaking out with ingrown hairs or acne? Both are very different from each other.

Try this cream, I've heard AMAZING things.

https://www.amazon.ca/Pacific-Shaving-Company-Natural-Cream/dp/B00DKET54U

For me this is my routine:

Wash with coconut oil; it makes the razor glide over my face
Apply cream
Wait 5 minutes
Shave
Apply cream again
Shave again
Take an ice cube and rub it all over my face
Moisturizer + 1drop tea tree oil

I believe that I have both, ingrown hairs and acne. Thank you for sharing, I will look into it!

That seems like a pretty thorough routine, you have good patience!

MemberMember
(@juana-allen)

Posted : 07/11/2016 8:50 pm

Shaving will not trigger acne. You'll want to clean your deal with a lot more, try to eat additional fruits and greens, a lot less junk foodstuff.

MemberMember
(@welcomesmirk)

Posted : 07/11/2016 9:54 pm

1 hour ago, Juana.Allen said:
Shaving will not trigger acne. You'll want to clean your deal with a lot more, try to eat additional fruits and greens, a lot less junk foodstuff.

Shaving can make acne 10x worse. Going over a pimple and slicing it open or having the hair pulled from the follicle won't be solved with fruits green and junk food.

DanskeDan liked
MemberMember
(@josh15)

Posted : 07/11/2016 10:15 pm

I recommend the gentle cleanser from dan's regimen or an electric razor. If you want to find a product yourself make sure it isn't comogenic.

MemberMember
(@eric1305)

Posted : 07/11/2016 11:42 pm

1 hour ago, WelcomeSmirk said:
2 hours ago, Juana.Allen said:

Shaving can make acne 10x worse. Going over a pimple and slicing it open or having the hair pulled from the follicle won't be solved with fruits green and junk food.

I have to agree with this. I know that shaving causes irritation, and irritation causes acne in those prone to it. This is why I'm looking to reduce irritation.

MemberMember
(@acne-bee-gone)

Posted : 04/26/2017 7:13 am

MemberMember
(@sugarfreekid)

Posted : 02/05/2020 10:27 pm

This is always my concern. Thanks for the insights.