Notifications
Clear all

How I got rid of my acne

MemberMember
(@user5000)

Posted : 07/10/2016 8:36 am

I was on here a few months ago telling people how I got rid of my acne, not sure if anyone tried my approach but I hope it worked for someone. Hope someone gives what i say a go today.

The solution: don't let hot water touch your face. Ever.

Since I've switched to only letting cold water on my face my acne has vanished. Simple as that. Give it a go.

Any questions, just ask.

MemberMember
(@arts)

Posted : 07/10/2016 9:43 am

Thank you for your suggestion, I will definitely try this. I got my acne down from severe to mild with lifestyle changes, hope this will clear the rest of it.

MemberMember
(@user5000)

Posted : 07/10/2016 10:02 am

Good luck ArtS, I believe hot water is stripping our faces of oil and than in turn causes our sebaceous glands to overproduce sebum. Does your face feel really dry after you get out of the shower?

MemberMember
(@arts)

Posted : 07/10/2016 10:26 am

15 minutes ago, user5000 said:

Good luck ArtS, I believe hot water is stripping our faces of oil and than in turn causes our sebaceous glands to overproduce sebum. Does your face feel really dry after you get out of the shower?

I wouldn't say so. But it does feel tight and looks reddish. I always wake up with great skin - not oily, calm and smooth. By the evening it's patchy and
greasy, which makes me think it's diet-related and there's a malabsorbtion of some kind. It couldn't hurt to switch to cold water, though! I have a suspicion that clogged pores/whiteheads are due to something external. I'll let you know how it works for me.

MemberMember
(@eric1305)

Posted : 07/11/2016 12:13 am

13 hours ago, ArtS said:
I wouldn't say so. But it does feel tight and looks reddish. I always wake up with great skin - not oily, calm and smooth. By the evening it's patchy and
greasy, which makes me think it's diet-related and there's a malabsorbtion of some kind. It couldn't hurt to switch to cold water, though! I have a suspicion that clogged pores/whiteheads are due to something external. I'll let you know how it works for me.

This. I wake up with beautiful skin and my hyperpigmentation seems to have vanished overnight. But for me, a few hours after my morning shower my face becomes greasy and the hyperpigmentation is back. Maybe it has to do with the shower but I don't use hot water, I use lukewarm.

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 07/11/2016 12:43 am

I only ever wash my face in cold water with no soap, when this fails I resort to my dog mask13607046_10210261199511522_1708563958957724633_n.jpg

MemberMember
(@snarkygirl)

Posted : 07/12/2016 7:13 pm

I just read an article with this exact claim.